Tier 1 Tech Support Engineer Level 1
United States, Ohio, Columbus
The Tier 1 Technical Support Engineer , provides technical, client support for Veeam’s products via the telephone and email.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for Veeam Software’s clients via telephone, email, and web conferencing.
- Proactively stay up to date with all the latest technologies concerning Veeam’s products and the underlying technologies, and dissipate this knowledge to other support members.
- Research and troubleshoot customer problems and inquiries.
- Update and work assigned cases in a timely manner.
- Maintain strong customer rapport and excellent, timely communication.
- Communicate effectively with Sales Representatives.
- Contribute to documentation to build Veeam’s knowledge base.
- Operate effectively in stressful situations.
- Two (2) years or more of client or customer support (Level II or Level III) with demonstrated problem resolution skills.
- One to two (1-2) or more years Windows infrastructure administration and troubleshooting experience; specifically IIS, Exchange, SQL, and Domain Controller.
- VMware or Microsoft virtualization technology experience strongly desired.
- Strong Networking background desired.
- Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM), Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and HP OpenView Operations experience desired.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent. A viable combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.