Technical Support Engineer, WindowsVeeam
United States, Ohio, Columbus
This Windows Technical Support Engineer role provides inbound technical support for Veeam’s products via the telephone, email, and remote sessions, which may require careful examination of many infrastructure and other environmental variables, as well as a detailed analysis of log files. This highly technical support role requires deep analytical troubleshooting of complex technical problems. This position is not a traditional call center based customer service role.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for Veeam Software’s clients via telephone, email, and web conferencing.
- Proactively stay up to date with all the latest technologies concerning Veeam’s products and the underlying technologies.
- Research and troubleshoot customer problems and inquiries.
- Update and work assigned cases in a timely manner.
- Maintain strong customer rapport and excellent, timely communication.
- Contribute to documentation to build Veeam’s knowledge base.
- Creativity and perseverance for solving problems.
- Proven track record of high customer satisfaction ratings in customer or technical service role.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Collaborative work environment for team success.
- Encouragement during stressful times for yourself and to peers.
- Advanced use of administrator level tasks with the following; Windows OS 2008(r2)/2012(r2)/2016.
- Practical knowledge of TCP/IP (OS, firewalls configuration) and networking configuration / troubleshooting (NAT, ports, DHCP, DNS);
- Previous experience or good understanding of virtualization technologies: VMware ESX(i), Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV;
- Following experience would be considered as a plus:
o Microsoft Exchange server administration
o SAN administration
o Database engines (SQL/Oracle)
o Deep log analysis
o Wireshark (tcpdump)
o Application performance analysis
- 1-3 years of technical troubleshooting experience in a role where problem resolution skills were required
- Certifications in server and networking highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Operate effectively in stressful situations.
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.
12 jobs found
Brazilian Portuguese, Technical Support Engineer - Bilingual support
United States, Ohio, Columbus
Brazilian, English, Portuguese