Linux, Technical Support EngineerVeeam
United States, Ohio, Columbus
Date Posted: 2020-03-30
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
The Linux Technical Support Engineer provides inbound technical support for Veeam’s products via the telephone, email, and remote sessions, which may require careful examination of many infrastructure and other environmental variables, as well as a detailed analysis of log files. This highly technical support role requires deep analytical troubleshooting of complex technical problems. This position is not a traditional call center-based customer service role.
· Provide technical support and troubleshooting for Veeam Software’s clients via telephone, email, and web conferencing.
· Proactively stay up to date with all the latest technologies concerning Veeam’s products and the underlying technologies.
· Research and troubleshoot customer problems and inquiries.
· Update and work assigned cases in a timely manner.
· Maintain strong customer rapport and excellent, timely communication.
Contribute to documentation to build Veeam’s knowledge base.
Qualifications and Experience
· Creativity and perseverance for solving problems.
· Proven track record of high customer satisfaction ratings in customer or technical service role.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Collaborative work environment for team success.
· Encouragement during stressful times for yourself and to peers.
· 1-3 years of technical troubleshooting experience in a role where problem resolution skills were required
· Certifications in server and networking highly desired
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
· Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
· Operate effectively in stressful situations.
· Advanced use of administrator level tasks with Linux operating systems, including: RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, and SUSE.
· Practical knowledge of TCP/IP (OS, firewalls configuration) and networking configuration / troubleshooting (NAT, ports, DNS, iptables);
· Previous experience or good understanding of virtualization technologies: VMware ESX(i), Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV;
· Following experience would be considered as a plus:
o Perl and Shell scripting
o SAN administration
o Oracle database engines
o Oracle Solaris
o Deep log analysis
o Wireshark (tcpdump)
o Application performance analysis
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.