Junior Technical Support EngineerVeeam
United States, Ohio, Columbus
Date Posted: 2020-03-27
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivaled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training, and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programs that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
Looking for a typical call center role? This isn’t it.
Sorry but we don’t do “typical.” In this highly technical support role, you won’t be taking scheduled bathroom breaks and explaining to customers how to reboot their routers.
What you will do is carefully examine infrastructures and environmental variables. You’ll perform detailed analyses of log files. You’ll share your deep analytical troubleshooting knowledge of tough problems, collaborating with the brilliant IT managers and administrators of Fortune 500 companies (aka: our customers). You’ll work on the edge of IT and virtualization, getting trained in what you don’t know and recognized for what you do, and you’ll help us change how the world uses data.
At Veeam, you can expect:
No call center KPIs—the quality of your work is the key performance indicator.
Growth—want to learn Cascading Replication, WAFL, and Block Cloning? Great! We’ll teach you. Already know what they are? Great! We’ll be a good match.
Recognition—we prefer to promote engineers internally. We can tell from your work if you want to be technically challenged.
Flexibility—we all have lives outside of work. We offer a variety of shifts to fit your life needs.
Casual dress code—We have a casual work environment and respectful dress code.
So if you’re looking for a fast-moving tech support engineer role with a team that’s outpacing the industry, you’ve just found it.
The Junior Technical Support Engineer provides inbound technical support for Veeam’s products via the telephone, email, and remote sessions, which may require careful examination of multiple infrastructures and other environmental variables, as well as a detailed analysis of log files. This highly technical support role requires deep analytical troubleshooting of complex technical problems.
This position is not a traditional call center based customer service role.
In this role you will:
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for Veeam Software’s clients via telephone, email, and web conferencing.
- Proactively stay up to date with all the latest technologies concerning Veeam’s products and the underlying technologies.
- Research and troubleshoot customer problems and inquiries.
- Update and work assigned cases in a timely manner.
- Maintain strong customer rapport and excellent, timely communication.
- Contribute to documentation to build Veeam’s knowledge base.
- Must be creative and demonstrate perseverance for solving problems.
- Have a proven track record of high customer satisfaction ratings in customer or technical service roles.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Collaborative work environment for team success.
- Encouragement during stressful times for yourself and to peers.
- Good understanding of Windows OS and/or Linux troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of the TCP/IP stack protocols.
- Excellent understanding of the OSI model.
- IT administration experience in a Windows or Linux environment desired.
- VMware, Microsoft, or Nutanix technology experience desired.
- 1 or more years of technical troubleshooting experience in a role where problem resolution skills were required.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Technical certifications are highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Operate effectively in stressful situations.
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.