Junior Technical Support EngineerVeeam
United States, Ohio, Columbus
Date Posted: 2019-11-15
Looking for a typical call center role? This isn’t it.
Sorry but we don’t do “typical.” In this highly technical support role, you won’t be taking scheduled bathroom breaks and explaining to customers how to reboot their routers.
What you will do is carefully examine infrastructures and environmental variables. You’ll perform detailed analyses of log files. You’ll share your deep analytical troubleshooting knowledge of tough problems, collaborating with the brilliant IT managers and administrators of Fortune 500 companies (aka: our customers). You’ll work on the edge of IT and virtualization, getting trained in what you don’t know and recognized for what you do, and you’ll help us change how the world uses data.
At Veeam, you can expect:
No call center KPIs—the quality of your work is the key performance indicator.
Growth—want to learn Cascading Replication, WAFL, and Block Cloning? Great! We’ll teach you. Already know what they are? Great! We’ll be a good match.
Recognition—we prefer to promote engineers internally. We can tell from your work if you want to be technically challenged.
Flexibility—we all have lives outside of work. We offer a variety of shifts to fit your life needs.
Casual dress code—We have a casual work environment and respectful dress code.
So if you’re looking for a fast-moving tech support engineer role with a team that’s outpacing the industry, you’ve just found it.
The Junior Technical Support Engineer provides inbound technical support for Veeam’s products via the telephone, email, and remote sessions, which may require careful examination of multiple infrastructures and other environmental variables, as well as a detailed analysis of log files. This highly technical support role requires deep analytical troubleshooting of complex technical problems.
This position is not a traditional call center based customer service role.
In this role you will:
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for Veeam Software’s clients via telephone, email, and web conferencing.
- Proactively stay up to date with all the latest technologies concerning Veeam’s products and the underlying technologies.
- Research and troubleshoot customer problems and inquiries.
- Update and work assigned cases in a timely manner.
- Maintain strong customer rapport and excellent, timely communication.
- Contribute to documentation to build Veeam’s knowledge base.
- Must be creative and demonstrate perseverance for solving problems.
- Have a proven track record of high customer satisfaction ratings in customer or technical service roles.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Collaborative work environment for team success.
- Encouragement during stressful times for yourself and to peers.
- Good understanding of Windows OS and/or Linux troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of the TCP/IP stack protocols.
- Excellent understanding of the OSI model.
- IT administration experience in a Windows or Linux environment desired.
- VMware, Microsoft, or Nutanix technology experience desired.
- 1 or more years of technical troubleshooting experience in a role where problem resolution skills were required.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Technical certifications are highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Operate effectively in stressful situations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.