Customer Support GeneralistVeeam
United States, Ohio, Columbus
The Customer Support Generalist will handle customer requests submitted via the Customer Portal in alignment with the company's values and goals. They are responsible for timely triage of General Inquiry cases which involves setting customer expectations, checking for understanding with customers, referral of the request to the correct department, and follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction. This task is handled by data entry and auditing information received internally or externally and is completed through our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, Salesforce.
- Pursue good relationships with other departments to ensure effective communication and timely resolution of issues.
- Oversees queue of General Inquiry cases in Salesforce.
- Identify customer needs via email or phone.
- Knowledge of proper referral workflow.
- Ensure requests referred to other teams are handled in timely manner, escalating where necessary.
- Audit and Update CRM records pertaining to customers and accounts where needed.
- Update manager on Sales Team records that need audited.
- Communicate with Technical and Licensing team where necessary for referrals.
- Communicate with Sales and Renewals to ensure timely handling of Refer to Sales requests.
- Has working knowledge of internal policies and procedures, departments, personal data handling regulations, basic accounting processes, and payroll/HR software.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Warm customer service manner
- Ability to mitigate customer concerns via phone and email
- Dedicated collaborator
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant customer service experience required (A combination of education and experience will be considered.)
- Previous experience in Customer Service or related field preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Experience with data entry and ticketing systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office suites.
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.