Customer Support Engineer - Tier 1Veeam
Australia, New South Wales, North Sydney
Due to continual growth we are expanding - The Customer Support Engineer provide technical support for Veeam Software products. Working with the International Customer Support team, they will be responsible for providing support to clients via the telephone, email and web conferencing, analyzing log files and providing solutions and/or workarounds for Hypervisor, OS, Networks and applications relevant to Veeam software.
The world is undergoing an Intelligence Revolution. Companies are using data to make better and faster decisions, and there are massive amounts of it that can no longer be contained in data centers. This hyper-criticality, hyper-growth and hyper-sprawl have given rise to a new expectation for data: hyper-availability. And that’s where Veeam comes to the rescue with trusted Intelligent Data management solutions in a world that’s always on.
·Providing technical support via telephone and email for Veeam Software’s clients;
·Analyzing, diagnosing, troubleshooting and providing solutions to software product problems and question;
·Communicating effectively with Sales Representatives;
·Building and maintaining strong customer relationships;
·Monitoring ticket queues and documenting work related to assigned cases and tickets;
·Contributing to ongoing documentation in an effort to build Veeam’s knowledge base;
·Attending scheduled technical training as directed and required by Veeam; and
·Other responsibilities as directed.
- Fluent English (reading/writing/speaking)
- Strong customer service skills
- You are familiar at least with some of the following areas:
- VMware ESX(i);
- Microsoft Hyper-V;
- Microsoft AD and Exchange server administration;
- DB (SQL/Oracle);
- Windows OS 2008(R2) and/or 2012(R2) advanced user or administrative level;
- UNIX and/or Linux knowledge advanced user or administrative level; and
- Practical understanding of TCP/IP (OS, firewalls configuration).
- Desire to learn and acquire new knowledge;
- Strong communication and team work skills;
- Personal commitment and self-motivation;
- Strong ability to work under pressure;
- Customer focus;
- Ability to work in multicultural environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP AND ACCOUNTABILITY
This position reports to the ANZ Customer Support Manager.
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion, excetptional training and support
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.