Cloud & Service Provider – N.A. Business Development Manager
United States, California
United States, California, San Francisco
United States, Texas, Dallas
The Veeam Cloud and Service Provider (VCSP) Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for identifying, recruiting, onboarding and developing strategic business plans with targeted prospective Cloud and Service Providers. The person will act as a subject matter expert while maintaining the highest level of knowledge about Veeam’s cloud solutions and cloud business strategy while being responsible for the successful execution of the respective sales plan. This person will use their proven relationships in top tier Cloud or Hosting provider accounts to develop new and expanded relationships for Veeam.
• The CLOUD BDM will be measured on delivering pre-defined key performance metrics such as new prospects in Funnel, Progress through the funnel, business plans complete, and new accounts on boarded. These metrics may change from quarter to quarter based on the needs of the business
• Responsible for prospecting and onboarding targeted and strategic VCSPs to the VCSP NA Business within assigned geography
• Work with end users (customers and prospects) as necessary, in alignment with the segment sales team to aide in delivery of a comprehensive cloud strategy
• Works with Systems Engineers and Architects and other members of the extended team to technically qualify and deliver product demonstrations and POC’s.
• Responsible for new CSP relationship activities such as developing and managing key strategic accounts, driving VCSP partner business for Veeam cloud solutions, using solution selling to drive creation of Veeam based offerings, maintaining effective communications with appropriate executives, and driving revenue and consumption of Veeam Software
• As an Industry Expert, the CLOUD BDM is expected to build account/business plans with partners -- including sales, marketing, operations, financials and other key components.
• The CLOUD BDM is responsible for the execution and achievement of the plans including: solution development, GTM activities, and revenue goals
• The CLOUD BDM will be asked to aide in the development of Cloud Provider Recruitment and enablement tools such as ROI Calculators and solution briefs.
• The CLOUD BDM should provide thought leadership and might also be asked to develop materials and present at partner, regional or national events to help Veeam increase its prestige in the industry
• Proven relationships in top tier Cloud or Hosting provider accounts and an ability to open new accounts
• Bachelor’s Degree required (a combination of education and experience will be considered)
• Ten (10) years enterprise software sales; five (5) years field sales to and with Cloud/Hosting/Service Providers, including, but not limited to the ability to design and implement large long-term Enterprise sales strategies
• Experience with VMware and/or Microsoft desired
• Knowledge of virtualization technology desired
• Must have a significant track record of accomplishment selling to and with cloud providers
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
• Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where roles and responsibilities change quickly
• Ability to travel throughout assigned geography (National)
• Must have an in-depth understanding of technology trends and issues and their impact business.
• Ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter
This position reports to the VP NA VCSP
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.