Territory Manager - SLEDVeeam
United States, California, San Deigo
Date Posted: 2020-12-01
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
The SLED Territory Manager is responsible for developing, accelerating, up-selling and closing business to new and existing customers. The SLED Territory Manager must be able to foster, develop and leverage Veeam internal teams (inside sales, marketing, and engineering) as well as: traditional VAR, Corporate reseller, Major Nationals and Alliance partnerships in developing net-new SLED business streams. The SLED Territory Manager will maintain the highest level of knowledge about Veeam’ s virtualization backup and recovery software and business strategy, while being responsible for the successful execution of respective sales plan in their assigned market territory.
- Works with end-users in the assigned territory focusing on the bigger deals (>$50 K) and at set of “focus accounts” while working with the Inside Sales team to close all SLED deals for the market territory.
- Heavily relies on joint account planning with “Classic Partners” & Veeam Alliance partner sales teams to grow pipeline and close deals
- Develop and close business, in conjunction with Veeam partners, within the SLED market segment.Meets or exceeds individual and team revenue targets
- Leveraging business generated by Partners & Technology Alliances with SLED End Users/Customers
- Develop sales activities with new SLED customers; up-sell and cross-sell to the existing mid-market customer base
- Develops sales pipeline by proactive calling to find, develop and convert sales conversations to identified prospects/opportunities
- Effectively executes a SLED territory plan to maximize revenue
- Enter forecasting and account/opportunity details in Veeam’s CRM (SalesForce) on a timely basis; provides daily updates including but not limited to, dollar amounts, socket counts, status and decision makers and next steps in closing opportunities
- Works with regional sales team to advance opportunities to closure, including Systems Engineers to technically qualify and deliver product demonstrations
- Engage with Veeam Strategic Alliance partners to drive mutually beneficial revenue opportunities
- Propose, coordinate and participate in marketing activities within the territory
- Must be available to travel up to 70% within the assigned territory
- Performs other duties as assigned
- History of success in high tech sales as demonstrated in achievement of sales quota and closing of deals of size.
- Experience selling into the SLED market segment and able to bring partner and/or end user “rolodex” of relationships to the position
- Able to articulate the steps in building pipeline to close of sale. Can describe and give examples of ability to “solution sell”
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Is self motivated focused on driving results
- Able to work effectively within and across the Veeam organization as well as with the eco system of Veeam partnerships
- Demonstrates the ability to team and collaborate with others.
- Brings creativity to “problem solving” around providing Veeam solutions to customer problems
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.