United States, Georgia, Alpharetta
Date Posted: 2019-10-17
Since its launch in 2006, Veeam has been a leading provider of backup, recovery, and replication solutions. We understand the criticality of the move to the cloud, which adds complexity in not only managing and mining data but also leveraging that data for positive business value and innovation. It’s why Veeam offers exceptional visibility and control capabilities through our extensive orchestration engine, delivering virtual, physical, and cloud data management, for any application, and any data, across any cloud. It’s how we’ve grown to work with 82% of the Fortune 500 companies in 30 countries around the world. With over 350,000 customers, such as L’Oréal, PwC, Volvo and Gatwick, Veeam has become the #1 Cloud Data Management Provider sold through partners like VMWare, HPE, Cisco and Microsoft.
As a billion-dollar software company, we rely on the diverse backgrounds and ideas of our people to advance our growth and innovation and we’re passionate to develop the industry’s most inclusive and high-performing team. Through embracing transparency and trust, recognizing and developing our employees, and giving back to the communities we share, we’re also creating a Veeamazing place to work. Join Veeam, the #1 Cloud Data Management provider, today.
This role contributes to the delivery of high-quality technical enablement classes, collateral, as well as learning tools; that will allow you to be at the forefront of hypervisors, operating systems, cloud technologies, virtualization technologies, data protection, applications, and availability methodology for the modern enterprise. With this role, you will deliver world-class pre-sales technical enablement to our pre-sales engineering teams, Inside-sales teams, and Field-sales teams. You will have the opportunity to obtain industry-related certifications, such as a VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Veeam Certified Professional (VMCE), Veeam Certified Architect (VMCE-ADO), Veeam Certified Technical Trainer (VMCT), soft-skills training, coaching, professional development, and much more.
Work closely with Veeam content development teams, system engineers, systems engineer leadership, sales teams, inside sales teams, inside sales managers, marketing teams, as well as others, to help with the design and delivery of technical enablement programs for all internal technical roles. The Inside Technical Trainer role also includes delivering hands-on classroom training and certification programs.
· Proactively stay up to date with all the latest technologies concerning Veeam’s products and all underlying technologies, as well as your internal VMCE certifications.
· Deliver enablement based on the direction coming from the global and geo director of training and events. Also, partner with the education teams to ensure content is properly designed for all classes
· Generate and review pre-sales engineer employee performance metrics with their respective leaders
· You are required to attend regional meetings and global Sales Acceleration team events
o Includes Veeam Tech Expo, Veeam Sales Kickoff, and Veeam sponsored events
· Consistently share successes, best practices, and expertise across SE Manager community
· Monitor and redirect efforts and resources as appropriate to maximize sales results
· Engage peer organizations internally, as well as externally, to resolve customer issues
· Foster, the adoption of technologies, methods, and processes, to advance communication capabilities
· Responsibility to stay current with the latest trends and technologies
· Define measurement and metrics and report on business impact with SE leadership.
· Partner with HR business partners in your geo, and set a joint direction to manage the performance process
· Help drive constant incremental improvement across the organization
· Content creation that includes how-to videos, product presentations for internal and external audiences
· Development of the Systems Engineers Learning Journey (SELJ)
· 4+ years in pre-sales positions, with practical enablement experience.
· 4+ years of direct customer-facing positions (sales, sales engineering, consulting)
· Flexibility to travel up to 40% of your time, including some international travel
· Quantifiable personal impacts on the sales/revenue results and individual contributor growth
· Strong cross-functional project management skills
· Highly experienced (Subject Matter Expert) in at least one high growth technical discipline
· Strong presentation skills in both business and technical areas
· Demonstrated and verified strong customer and partner relationships
· Bachelor’s degree with a preference for engineering or computer science
· At least five years of curriculum development and training experience building technical training programs in a channel environment in the IT or software industry
· Experience with creating or assisting in “train the trainer” programs with measurement and metrics
· Experience rolling out certification programs
· Strong technical proficiency and the ability to learn complex systems quickly
· Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to manage a global team
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter
· Working knowledge/expertise using salesforce.com, building dashboards, reports, and leveraging LMS tools. 4
Additional / Desired Qualifications
· Master’s in engineering, computer science or business administration a plus
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience in or a strong understanding of the technology and software industry is preferred
· Three-five (3-5) years of channel sales, business development, marketing or related field experience
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize across many projects and initiatives
· Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization and a cross-functional team environment
· Strong customer/partner relationship skills
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
· Strength as a self-starter and self-motivated with the ability to work with little supervision
· Experience in effectively managing and controlling a multi-million-dollar enablement budget
· Strong ability to influence and partner with cross-functional and multi-national teams
· The ability to articulate the business values of our technologies
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.