Systems Engineer, PacNW
United States, Washington
A Veeam Systems Engineer (SE) works with our partners and end users to realize the benefits of our software solutions.
An SE will work hand in hand with our partner community providing training and assistance as necessary to drive required sales results. Job duties include: Demonstrations, Presentations, POC’s, Training and Marketing Event
- Bachelor’s degree required. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A breadth of experience with core technologies including Storage, Networking, Servers, and applications with a depth of experience in VMware virtual technologies and Microsoft Windows Server / Hyper-V.
- Hands on knowledge of Data Protection & Disaster Recovery technologies.
- Experience with databases and management platforms such as Microsoft System Center Operation Manager is also desirable.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Must be able to travel significantly within the assigned region.
- Experience with SalesForce.com desirable.
- Provide on-site and web-based demonstrations of Veeam software.
- Teach partner SE’s & Architects about Veeam solutions.
- Team with Veeam’s partners to provide training, product demonstrations and lead customer meetings.
- Build relationships with customers and partners.
- Assist sales to help secure and qualify new Veeam partners.
- Working closely with the Veeam development team by providing customer feedback and your ideas.
- Empower and assist customers while they evaluate Veeam’s product offerings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP AND ACCOUNTABILITY
This position reports to the Manager, Systems Engineering
- A Positive Attitude
- Five or more years of technology experience with core technologies including Operatings Systems (Windows/Linux) , Storage, Networking, Servers, and Applications.
- Strong knowledge of Data Protection & Disaster Recovery technologies.
- In-depth of experience with Virtualization (VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V)
- VMware VCP, Microsoft MCSE or equivalent experience
- Previous pre-sales experience or demonstrated sales acumen
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where roles and responsibilities change quickly
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Technology Evangelism
- Drive & Passion
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.