Date Posted: 2020-09-16
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
The Systems Engineer works closely with the Sales Team in breaking down technical barriers to sales.
Responsibilities include the ability to present Veeam Software messaging to varying numbers and levels of decision makers, including but not limited to CXO, chief architects and IT management. You will be responsible for the creation of content and delivery of demonstrations to support this Veeam Software messaging (in conjunction with Channel Partners). The role also may contain an important element of channel training to enable partners to be able to (independently) position and resell to their customers. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, technically competent Veeam Software presales sales engineer with a track record of partnering with other groups within the sales and support organisation to close sales. The role will require strengths and a background in defining architectural strategies to guide customers toward the adoption of Veeam Software technologies.
The Systems Engineer is a primarily customer focused technical role that is responsible for working closely with the field sales and channel department to help inform, enthuse and apprise partners, resellers and end users of our product offerings. This field-based role is as much about being evangelical for Veeam Software as being a great technical resource.
The Systems Engineer acts in a consultative fashion and should be looked to as the expert in all of the products by sales, channel and other systems engineers. An influencer at all levels internally and externally with a highly autonomous approach and self-driven attitude.
- Perform live customer meeting presentations and demonstrations
- Implement and manage POC’s to technical closure
- Lead generation activities such as events, webinars, user groups etc.
- Understand and negotiating with customer/partner for the technical requirements
- Virtualisation community engagement is strongly encouraged
- Perform online demonstrations
- Working closely with the sales department to secure new partners and customers
- Working closely with the development department to provide customer feedback
- Providing pre-sales support as they evaluate Veeam software
- Bachelor’s degree (or a combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Five or more years of solution sales experience
- Data Protection experience strongly desired
- Demonstrated experience with virtualisation technologies
- Experience working with monitoring tools such as System Center is a bonus
- Experience in data life cycle management with IT audit requirements
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to present to groups
- Ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter and be able to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities
- Ability to travel within the region as required