United States, Pennsylvania
The pre-sales Systems Engineer is responsible for thought leadership, coaching and mentoring in addition to regular pre-sales engineering activities such as (but not limited to) providing technical expertise during the sales cycle and assisting Sales Representatives with closing business, conducting Proof of Concepts, ensuring Partner Enablement, participating in Pre-Sales Customer Support and Webinars. This position requires advanced virtualization and pre-sales background and will be responsible for the technical aspect of the sales process including working with and through channel and alliance partners.
Each Systems Engineer will be assigned to an Area/Territory combination (ex: Americas – Northeast/NY Metro). Engineers’ compensation contains a variable component that is based on their assigned Area/Territory’s attainment of sales quota. Systems Engineer will drive sales in their respective areas through partner, end user and alliance partner interaction in support of their associated sales teams; including but not limited to Account Executives, Channel Managers, Corporate Reseller Managers, Cloud Account Executives and SLED Account Executives.
The Systems Engineer is a positive person who is driven to succeed. They take the time to maintain their expertise through continuous education and share their knowledge and experience with all team members. They consistently go above and beyond to exceed their goals and improve their team and are comfortable in a fast paced quickly changing.
Provide Veeam solutions and virtualization expertise.
- Develop and deliver technical presentations for audiences of all sizes and skill levels.
- Present and demonstrate Veeam solutions to perspective clients based on requirements of both technical and non-technical audiences such as end users and partners.
- Track and manage ProPartner Enablement.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the Engineers of Veeam’s strategic Alliance Partners. (i.e. NetApp, HP, VMware, Microsoft, etc.)
- Operate at the highest levels of integrity and be a thought leader for the Systems Engineering and Sales organization alike.
- Establish and maintain thought leader status by participating in regional team calls and removing technical obstacles impeding revenue generation.
- Act as an integral member of the Pre-Sales Systems Engineer Team by contributing to the formulation of Veeam strategies and technical approaches, including pre-sales planning and campaigns.
- Drive constant incremental improvement in your assigned Areas.
- Project / Program Management.
- Maintain all required data entry and paperwork in a timely manner. (Expense Reports, Status Reports, Salesforce.com entries, etc.)
- Prepare reports of the team’s revenue contributions (wins and losses, or other) for the Field Systems Engineer Manager.
- Assist in hiring process and interviews.
- Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and within a team with limited direction in a fast‐paced environment; must be a high‐energy, motivated self‐starter and be able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Maintain deep technical knowledge of all Veeam products and eco-system technologies including, but not limited to VMware, Hyper-V, Microsoft System Center.
- Responsible for continuous self-motivated education and improvement.
- Ability/flexibility and willingness to travel as required.
- Attend trade shows and other field events (inside and outside of assigned Area) and participate in booth operation as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (A combination of education and experience will be considered.)
- Minimum 5 years virtualization & data availability experience.
- Minimum 2 years quota based Technical Pre-Sales experience.
- Must possess and demonstrate leadership capabilities and willingness to take on additional responsibilities in previous roles.
- Advanced understanding of virtualization technologies such as VMware and Hyper‐V.
- Advanced understanding of multiple operating systems such as Windows Server, Linux or UNIX.
- Advanced understanding of storage and networking technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to present to groups via the telephone and in person.
- Held a previous role with extensive travel requirements.
- Hands on and/or consulting experience desirable.
- Must have experience utilizing Microsoft Products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.