Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
The Systems Engineer works closely with the Sales Team in breaking down technical barriers to sales.
Responsibilities include the ability to present Veeam messaging to varying numbers and levels of decision makers, including but not limited to CXO, chief architects and IT management. You will be responsible for the creation of content and delivery of demonstrations to support this Veeam messaging (in conjunction with Channel Partners). The role also may contain an important element of channel training to enable partners to be able to (independently) position and resell to their customers. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, technically competent Veeam presales sales engineer with a track record of partnering with other groups within the sales and support organisation to close sales. The role will require strengths and a background in defining architectural strategies to guide customers toward the adoption of Veeam technologies.
The Systems Engineer is a primarily customer focused technical role that is responsible for working closely with the field sales and channel department to help inform, enthuse and apprise partners, resellers and end users of our product offerings. This field-based role is as much about being evangelical for Veeam as being a great technical resource.
The Systems Engineer acts in a consultative fashion and should be looked to as the expert in all of the products by sales, channel and other systems engineers. An influencer at all levels internally and externally with a highly autonomous approach and self-driven attitude.
- Perform live customer meeting presentations and demonstrations
- Implement and manage POC’s to technical closure
- Lead generation activities such as events, webinars, user groups etc.
- Understand and negotiating with customer/partner for the technical requirements
- Virtualisation community engagement is strongly encouraged
- Perform online demonstrations
- Working closely with the sales department to secure new partners and customers
- Working closely with the development department to provide customer feedback
- Providing pre-sales support as they evaluate Veeam software
- Bachelor’s degree (or a combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Five or more years of solution sales experience
- Data Protection experience strongly desired
- Demonstrated experience with virtualisation technologies
- Experience working with monitoring tools such as System Center is a bonus
- Experience in data life cycle management with IT audit requirements
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to present to groups
- Ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter and be able to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities
- Ability to travel within the region as required