The Systems Engineer works closely with the Sales Team in breaking down technical barriers to sales. This will include establishing and maintaining relationships with technical architects in ‘Named Account’ Customers, Channel Partners and future prospects.
Responsibilities include the ability to present Veeam messaging to varying numbers and levels of decision makers, including but not limited to CXO, chief architects and IT management. You will be responsible for the creation of content and delivery of demonstrations to support this Veeam messaging (in conjunction with Channel Partners). The role also may contain an important element of channel training to enable partners to be able to (independently) position and resell to their customers. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, technically competent Veeam presales sales engineer with a track record of partnering with other groups within the sales and support organisation to close sales. The role will require strengths and a background in defining architectural strategies to guide customers toward the adoption of Veeam technologies.
The Systems Engineer is a primarily customer focused technical role that is responsible for working closely with the field sales and channel department to help inform, enthuse and apprise partners, resellers and end users of our product offerings. This field-based role is as much about being evangelical for Veeam as being a great technical resource. This opportunity is based in Auckland, New Zealand.
The Systems Engineer acts in a consultative fashion and should be looked to as the expert in all of the products by sales, channel and other systems engineers. An influencer at all levels internally and externally with a highly autonomous approach and self-driven attitude.
- Manage the removal of technical barriers to Sales.
- Provide expertise and input into the development and execution of key named account strategy plans.
- Assist Sales in identifying opportunities for Veeam products and services, either directly with end users or helping resellers.
- Creation and delivery of technical presentations to be used in sales meetings for prospective clients in accordance with sales priorities.
- Attend and deliver demonstrations and advice at targeted Sales events, for the purpose of demand generation
- Maintain open communications with sales staff on all current and prospective accounts.
- Work with sales team on territory planning and ensure the effective delivery of training and messaging to channel partners within that territory.
- Ensure all necessary technical information is updated on a regular basis for all named accounts in the identified repositories
- Deliver customer technology plans that provide both current and strategic target state of a customers end to end Availability service as part of a ‘trusted advisor’ role
- Proactively drive engagement and relationship building with the relevant Veeam Product
- Management teams and resources to facilitate feature enhancements, requirements specifications and visibility into necessary product integration requirements.
- Ability to effectively garner customer business requirements and translate them into a successful solution that is underpinned with a Veeam technology stack to meet outcomes
- Work with customers, cloud and managed service providers across all facets of the Solution Engineering lifecycle to ensure customer outcomes are successfully met.
- Work on proof of concepts and pilots ensuring best efforts have been made to evaluate products (including advanced options of our products), help remove and solve technical barriers that may be identified during this process.
- Assist with sales engagements including RFP responses and technical documentation.
- Present and organise technical sessions and demonstrations for end users and resellers in conjunction with Sales
- Work with end-users and partners on removing issues and solving problems that may impede potential sales
- Creation and delivery of technical presentations to the technical member within Channel partners
- Assist Channel partners and enterprise customers in timely resolution of logged support calls
- Keep updated with current technical IT knowledge via self-studies and formal courses.
- Train relevant internal (Veeam) and external (partner/customer) staff
- Dissemination of technical knowledge to stakeholders as required
- Be responsible for the effective contribution, input and management of professional and career development goals and activities.
- Required to travel in relation to any of the above job functions.
- If appropriate, assist with the writing of ‘white papers’, strategy papers with regards to Veeam product implementations.
- Attend and assist with Trade Shows and events as required.
- Supply regular reports to the Director, Systems Engineering, ANZ
- Meet objectives as set by the Director, Systems Engineering, ANZ
- Implement and manage POC’s to technical closure
- Perform live customer meetings and demonstrations
- Lead generation activities such as events, webinars, user groups etc.
- Virtualisation community engagement is strongly encouraged
- High activity in social community – twitter, linked in and blog posts.
- Delivery of whitepapers to influence the global Veeam technical community
- Engage with customers from technical up to C-level.
- Perform online demonstrations
- Working closely with the sales department to secure new partners and customers
- Working closely with the development department to provide customer feedback
- Providing pre-sales support through evaluations of Veeam software
- Partner technical enablement
- Work closely with distribution
- Account management at a technical level
- Track activity through our CRM
- Five to Seven (5-7+) years of technical sales experience
- Deployment of software solutions in to complex enterprise account
- Deep level understanding of all the Veeam Product Suite – Veeam Availability suite and Management Pack.
- Ability to drive solutions in large complex infrastructures whilst overcoming hurdles with structured problem solving skills.
- Understanding of the following storage is highly desirable – HP3PAR, NetApp FAS, EMC VNX and Nimble
- Influence the direction of the products by engaging with product management to drive compelling changes in the software.
- Demonstrated experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, KVM, Softricity, OpenStack, etc.with a focus on VMware and/or Hyper-V
- Professional certifications e.g. VCP or MCITP are a bonus.
- Strong presentation skills – expected audiences of up to 200 people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to present to groups
- Ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter and be able to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities
- Ability to travel within the region (ANZ).