Solutions Architect SAP DatabasesVeeam
Solutions Architect - SAP Database
The Global Alliances Solutions Architect works closely with multiple internal groups including systems engineers, field solution architects, product management, R&D quality assurance, business development, sales, and marketing. Additionally, the Global Alliances Solution Architect is the primary external interface for the technical resources from our SAP and Oracle.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for the SAP and Oracle partnership and any other assigned alliance partner offerings including knowing the partner’s portfolio and roadmap as well as formulating a Veeam strategy to integrate the partner’s current and future features and products. Based on being the SME, make recommendations for stronger and tighter integration with the partner’s solutions
- Be the primary global technical point of contact for the SAP and Oracle partnership and expand the technical relationship with them.
- Enable the global field (primarily field SAs and SEs) and Veeam QA by providing regular consultation, knowledge transfer, and best practices related to alliance partner’s offerings.
- Assist Veeam and alliance partner field teams in enterprise opportunities across all GEOs when needed.
- Work with product and alliance management for any partner specific feature enhancements to Veeam products. Assist with the prioritization of any new feature requests and ensure the partner is aware of committed and future planned enhancements related to the partner’s products.
- Install, configure, maintain, and overall manage any software and/or hardware from your assigned partner(s) which exists in the alliance architecture and QA lab. Work with the partner to ensure the alliance architecture lab is running the most recent versions of software and databases.
- Work with your assigned partner(s) to develop joint reference architectures, configuration guides, and best practices documents to be made publicly available.Work across the alliances organization to understand the broader strategy and help further shape that strategy for your assigned partners considering the bigger picture.
- Based in Walldorf or Frankfurt, Germany are desired locations
- Work from home office
- Up to 30% travel including occasional international travel is required
- Prior experience working with a partner to develop joint solutions and add-on capabilities
- Track record of building strong peer relationships with a customer or partner.
- Ability to effectively communicate to partner executives.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where roles and responsibilities change quickly
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Creativity and perseverance for solving problems
- Business acumen – ability to take an alliance manager mentality to map the business back to the technology
- Fluent in English and German
- Hands on and architecture knowledge of databases used with SAP Software Suites mandatory.
- Expert understanding of SAP HANA / SAP on Oracle Database backup
- Expert field knowledge of database infrastructures for SAP HANA and Oracle (Cluster, Multitenant, Container, Linux)
- Advanced skills in minimum one Enterprise Backup Solution
- Strong presentation skills (Enterprise customer / C-Level)
- Active network with SAP consultants and/or industry analysts beneficial
- VMware VCP, Microsoft MCITP or equivalent experience beneficial
- Technical expertise with leading virtualization technologies (vSphere / Hyper-V) including specific expertise around integration APIs and the hypervisor storage and data protection APIs are beneficial
- Previous pre-sales or other experience interacting with a global partner or large strategic customer
- 6+ years experience in an IT system engineering, solution architecture, QA or equivalent role
- 4+ years experience in the database or storage industry working with databases in SAP environments
- 2+ years experience in product or infrastructure architecture work
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent including field experience
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.