Solutions Architect - AlliancesVeeam
United States California,
United States, California, San Francisco
United States, North Carolina, Charlotte
United States, Colorado, Denver
United States, Massachusetts, Boston
United States, Washington, DC, Washington
United States, Illinois, Chicago
United States, Georgia, Atlanta
United States, Texas, Dallas
United States, Washington, Seattle
United States, California, Los Angeles
United States, New York, New York
The Solutions Architect advises Veeam Global Strategic Alliance partners, channel partners, and enterprise customers how to build and implement strategic solutions on a complex scale. This senior technical role is heavily involved in virtualization, storage, and multi-cloud infrastructures. The position has a focus on designing availability solutions, including data protection and monitoring using Veeam products. The Solutions Architect also serves as an escalation point for partner solutions as well as the Pre-Sales Organization.
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert (SME) for the VMware partnership and any other assigned alliance partner offerings including knowing the partner’s portfolio and roadmap as well as formulating a Veeam strategy to integrate the partner’s current and future offerings. Based on being the SME, make recommendations for stronger and tighter integration with the partner’s solutions.
- Be the primary global technical point of contact for the VMware and any other assigned global alliance partner(s)
- Work with product management and the quality assurance department on VMware development partner programs. Monitor timelines and subscription consumption, assist QA with lab deployment, and drive certifications including necessary documentation.
- Assist Veeam and alliance partner field teams in enterprise opportunities across all GEOs when needed.
- Work with product and alliance management for any partner specific feature enhancements to Veeam products. Assist with the prioritization of any new feature requests and ensure the partner is aware of committed and future planned enhancements related to the partner’s products.
- Install, configure, maintain, and overall manage any software and/or hardware from your assigned partner(s) which exists in the alliance architecture lab. Work with the partner to ensure the alliance architecture lab is running the proper versions of software and firmware.
- Work with your assigned partner(s) to develop joint reference architectures, configuration guides, and best practices documents to be made publicly available.
- Participate in quarterly reviews (QBRs) between the Veeam sponsor, partner executives, and Veeam global virtual teams and drive the solution and technical enablement aspects of the reviews.
- Enable the global field (primarily field SAs and SEs) by providing on-going consultation, knowledge transfer, and best practices related to alliance partner’s offerings.
- Work across the alliances organization to understand the broader strategy and help further shape that strategy for your assigned partners considering the bigger picture.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field experience – a combination of education and experience will be considered
- 7+ years experience in an engineering, solution architecture, or equivalent role
- 7+ years experience working with cloud and/or virtualization infrastructure technologies directly
- 2+ years experience in product or infrastructure design work
- Prior experience with Veeam products preferred, VMCE highly beneficial
- Technical architecture knowledge for VMware virtualization and related storage technologies
- Hands on knowledge of data protection & disaster recovery technologies
- Advanced skills in Enterprise Datacenter Infrastructure designs and technologies (storage, virtualization, networking)
- Relevant industry certifications such as VMware VCP, Microsoft MCITP or equivalent experience – current VCP65-DCV highly desired
- Technical expertise with vSphere including specific expertise around integration APIs and the hypervisor storage and data protection APIs, additionally any vCloud Director experience is a plus
- Any software development or script programming experience (e.g. Python, PowerShell, C#) as well as experience with an orchestration framework (e.g. Ansible, Salt Stack, Chef, Puppet) beneficial
- Experience or knowledge of one or more of the public hyperscale cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google)
- Previous pre-sales or other experience interacting with a global partner or large strategic customer
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.