United States, California, San Francisco
United States, Massachusetts, Boston
The Global Alliances Solutions Architect works closely with multiple internal groups including business development, sales, sales engineering, marketing, and product management. Additionally, the Global Alliances Solution Architect is the primary external interface for the technical resources from our global alliance partners.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for the NetApp partnership and any other assigned alliance partner offerings including knowing the partner’s portfolio and roadmap as well as formulating a Veeam strategy to integrate the partner’s current and future features and products. Based on being the SME, make recommendations for stronger and tighter integration with the partner’s solutions.
- Be the primary global technical point of contact for the NetApp partnership and any other assigned global alliance partner(s)
- Assist Veeam and alliance partner field teams in enterprise opportunities across all GEOs when needed.
- Work with product and alliance management for any partner specific feature enhancements to Veeam products. Assist with the prioritization of any new feature requests and ensure the partner is aware of committed and future planned enhancements related to the partner’s products.
- Install, configure, maintain, and overall manage any software and/or hardware from your assigned partner(s) which exists in the alliance architecture lab. Work with the partner to ensure the alliance architecture lab is running the most recent versions of software and firmware.
- Work with your assigned partner(s) to develop joint reference architectures, configuration guides, and best practices documents to be made publicly available.
- Proactively manage to desired business results and roll them up to quarterly scorecard owned by the Global Alliances team.
- Participate in quarterly reviews (QBRs) between the Veeam sponsor, partner executives, and Veeam global virtual teams and drive the solution and technical enablement aspects of the reviews.
- Enable the global field (primarily field SAs and SEs) by providing regular consultation, knowledge transfer, and best practices related to alliance partner’s offerings.
- Work across the alliances organization to understand the broader strategy and help further shape that strategy for your assigned partners considering the bigger picture.
- 10+ years experience in an engineering, solution architecture, or equivalent role
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Technical expertise with leading virtualization technologies (vSphere / Hyper-V) including specific expertise around integration APIs and the hypervisor storage and data protection APIs.
- A breadth of experience with core infrastructure technologies including storage, networking, and compute
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where roles and responsibilities change quickly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a self-starter with the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Must be able to travel domestically up to 30%
- Business acumen – ability to take an alliance manager mentality in order to map the business back to the technology
- VMware VCP, Microsoft MCITP or equivalent experience
- Hands on knowledge of data protection & disaster recovery technologies
- Experience or knowledge of one or more of the mega public cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Any software development or programming experience including but not limited to Power Shell, Python, Shell scripting, and Java
- Any experience with an orchestration framework such as Ansible, Salt Stack, Chef, or Puppet.
- Previous pre-sales or other experience interacting with a global partner or large strategic customer
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.