Senior Systems Engineer, VCSPVeeam
Date Posted: 2021-01-22
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
This Cloud Pre-Sales Systems Engineering role will help Veeam’s partners build and implement solutions at Cloud scale and help our customers by way of XaaS offerings provided by Veeam Partners. The focus is on building Veeam Cloud Connect solutions, including data protection and monitoring using Veeam tools. As part of our Veeam’s ACT II Vision being the most trusted provider of Backup solutions that deliver Cloud Data Management, there is also focus on building up the Public Cloud Business around AWS, Microsoft Azure as well as Google Cloud. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission-critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security.
- Work with select Veeam Cloud and Service Provider (VCSP) partners at a SEAK Region (South East Asia & Korea)
- Work closely with Veeam Cloud-focused Sales Representatives to generate revenue and achieve quarterly/yearly revenue goals
- Develop SaaS solution designs/architecture for Veeam Cloud and Service Provider partners that span multiple data centers, and include storage, servers, networking, virtualization, and Veeam availability solutions.
- Work with Veeam Cloud and Service Provider regarding Day 2 Operation in terms of building up the required Backup infrastructure as well as scaling it up with workload increment
- Empower and assist Cloud and Service Provider partners while they evaluate Veeam’s product offerings during the pre-sales and Proof of Concept (POC) process
- Enable partners to position, present and demo the business value of the Veeam technical solution as a part of their overall offerings
- Understand the competitive landscape and develop competitive strategies to differentiate Veeam s offerings in collaboration with our Cloud and Service Provider partners
- Help to ensure that the broader Veeam Sales Organization understands and can position the value of the solutions provided by our Cloud and Service Provider partners
- Provide technical sales assistance to the broader Veeam Systems Engineering team as they help customers and prospects leverage offerings from Veeam VCSP partners
- Provide continual technical nourishment to partner technical organizations about Veeam
- Create and deliver partner and customer-facing presentations
- Learn and advocate for Veeam’s full suite of products with a fierce commitment to self-education, team & business community knowledge sharing and industry
- Building up Technical Relationship with the HyperScalers like AWS, Microsoft Azure as well as Google Cloud Technical Team to bring about awareness within the HyperScalers and work on Solution Use Case
- Bachelor’s degree required. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experienced Pre-Sales Systems Engineer with strong performance working with Service Providers and/or Enterprise Accounts
- A breadth of experience with core technologies including Storage, Networking, Servers, and applications with a depth of experience in VMware virtual technologies and Microsoft Windows Server / Hyper-V.
- Exposure working together with AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Technology will be an added advantage
- Hands on knowledge of Data Protection & Disaster Recovery technologies.
- Experience with databases and management platforms such as Microsoft System Center Operation Manager is also desirable.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation, a strong sense of initiative, a positive attitude, and a collaborative working style
- Excellent relationship-building, communication (written/verbal), presentation and negotiation skills are required
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment and continuously re-prioritize while maintaining a constant focus on closing deals
- Position location is based out of Singapore