Sales Director (Utah/Colorado/Arizona)Veeam
United States, Colorado, Denver
Date Posted: 2020-02-13
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
The Area Sales Director is responsible for managing and leading a regional sales team by overseeing sales for new and existing customers of Veeam virtualization backup and replication software in the Commercial Segment. Reporting to the VP of Commercial Sales, this role will manage a team of 6-10 Territory Managers.
- Manage a team of 6-10 territory Account Executives.
- Build territory sales plans, execute against the sales strategy and procure all business through channel reseller partners
- Work with Area inside Sales Managers & staff to follow up on inbound leads, target named accounts and maximize revenue
- Drive, manage and execute the business and revenue of the area sales team; develop, coach and train sales staff
- Analyze area market dynamics to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Educate team on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing
- Prepare forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans
- Establish and report on metrics to measure team performance; correct deficiencies where necessary
- Serve as contact for large enterprise clients and leads sales actions to close large deals when necessary
- Ensure that the sales plan is aligned with and supports the corporate revenue goal
- Demonstrated knowledge of different sales methodologies and customer relationship management (CRM) system: SalesForce knowledge is desired
- Knowledge of large distributors and value added resellers (VAR’s) is highly desired
- Knowledge of virtualization technology, experience with VMware and/or Citrix is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree required (a combination of education and experience will be considered)
- At least three (7) years of sales management, selling software through the channels and end users
- Must be a high performing sales manager with a proven track record of consistently exceeding established measurements for goals and objectives
- Must be a skilled motivator with demonstrated ability to coach and develop sales staff to exceed targeted sales objectives and deliver high quality service to customers
- Preferred candidates will have experience in business-to-business selling and managing using a consultative sales approach, and will have strong demonstrated closing skills Excellent management and communication skills (written and verbal)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.