Regional Sales Director, BELUXVeeam
Date Posted: 2020-11-27
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
The Sales Director will be responsible for executing the plan to develop the company’s activity with prospects, end customers and working with channels to leverage the business. He/she will be in charge of managing his/her team and coordinating all necessary supporting activities.
This role reports to the Vice President, Benelux – Switzerland - Austria, and has direct management responsibility of both the Enterprise and Commercial sales team in Belgium and Luxemborg.
The position is based in Belgium
Duties & Responsibilities
- Fully accountable for generating revenues in
- Proposes, drives and executes the business according to the plan to overachieve sales with his/her team
- Recruits, hires and trains staff members; fosters a successful and positive team environment.
- Develops, coaches, trains and manages sales staff
- Supports quotation and proposal efforts to partners, prospects and customers
- Be a preferred contact of CIOs and top management of Prospects, Customers, key Partners and Distributors.
- Support the team in closing the more substantial opportunities
- Prepares and delivers forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans
- Establishes and reports on metrics to measure team performance; correct deficiencies where necessary
- Builds effective plans to execute strategic and operational change in Enterprise regionally, Key Account and Commercial Selling as well as working hands-on in all aspects of the go-to-market activity
- Drives the growth of larger deals by working effectively with the local sales executives, guide them, and drive best practices
- Where appropriate and agreed with key stakeholders, engages personally in shaping and developing key opportunities, especially large, competitive and complex deals, also offering support, mentoring and coaching around best practice to deals owners and sales managers.
- Takes accountability for Sales pipeline within the regions
- Coordinates with the Regional Sales Management
- Demonstrable experience and successful track record as a Field Sales Leader, managing multi-cultural teams in competitive markets
- Proven track record of sales success in Large Accounts
- Competencies in driving sales through a network of Partners in a 2-tier model
- Must be a high performing sales manager with a proven track record of consistently exceeding established measurements for goals and objectives
- Proven relationships with CIOs or top IT-management of largest accounts
- Experience of sales management and sales organization in a fast-growing company
- Must be a skilled motivator with demonstrated ability to coach and develop sales staff to exceed targeted sales objectives and deliver high-quality service to customers.
- Preferred candidates will have experience in business-to-business selling and managing using a consultative sales approach, and will have strong demonstrated closing skills.
- Excellent management and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated knowledge of different sales methodologies and customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Modern, energetic working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Salary ranges depending on skills and expertise