Partner Manager, Federal
United States, Maryland, Baltimore
United States, Washington, DC, Washington
The Federal Partner Manager will manage daily sales relationships, partner teams and represent VEEAM in all aspects of business development, marketing and sales within the Federal reseller partners community.
- Works with the Systems Engineers and Solutions Architects to assist in the design of the technical solutions, as well as to identify customer-wide IT and mission parameters and constraints that impact a potential solution. Be a “thought leader” for the group.
- Drive relationships with Veeam counterparts (inside sales, commercial field sales, marketing, engineering) as well as external Channel and Alliance partnerships to identify opportunities, develop strategy and execute successful programs across Federal Civilian community.
Interact and lead discussions with Federal Executives, Systems Integrators, partners and other internal/external stakeholders to establish and execute project/customer requirements, address current program issues, and develop long-term strategies.
Report in writing and orally to customer management, contract program manager, Veeam Senior management, and Government representatives.
- Managing relationships in a highly leverage, matrixed environment
- Develop and assign goals that are measurable and drive productivity within Channel Partners, its operating units and Veeam Insight teams
- Drive impactful QBRs with meaningful and measureable action items, as well as follow-up.
- Develop and leverage executive relationships within Channel Partners and their operating units
- Achieve revenue targets and goals for Federal and its operating units
- Developing and execute partner plan with variable rebates and goals
- Recruiting, training and enabling Channel Partners
Working closely with Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, HP and other eco-system product managers to develop cross-partner initiatives, strategies and Federal growth.
- Be an aggressive self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, articulate Veeam’s solution and business value, create demand and close deals with Partners
- Set the Channel sales strategy that drives demand and revenue generation and is responsible for developing and executing the business plan that includes a team of resources
- Must be able to effectively find, assess, and prioritize existing and future opportunities in conjunction with the customer, Veeam teammates, and the Channel Partner ecosystem
- Engage with strategic alliance partners to drive mutually beneficial revenue opportunities
- Propose, coordinate and participate in marketing activities with Partners
- Effectively executes Channel plan, account plans and opportunity plans to maximize revenue
- Must be available to travel as needed within the assigned territory
- Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree required. A combination of education and experience will be considered
• Proven track record of being a clear communicator and being comfortable in front of large groups as well as executive/C-Level customers
• Experience selling and working with key virtualization and cloud partners
• Minimum of five (5) or more years of enterprise sales experience; direct and channel sales experience required
• Proven track record of accomplished selling in the Federal Civilian Market. Must have an in-depth understanding of technology trends and issues and their impact in the Enterprise space
• Proven ability to develop new sales with prospecting, relationship building and executions skills
• Must have knowledge of solution selling and value-based selling techniques
• Be a high-energy sales person who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where roles and responsibilities change quickly
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities
•VMware VSP, VRSP certification a strong plus.
• Storage/data protection / data center technology product sales is a strong plus
• Knowledge of and success in preparing RFPs and related documents/proposals for the Federal procurement space
- Works autonomously from a home office, with extensive communications via skype, outlook and Webex settings.
- Passion for the industry and ability to work in a high growth, nimble organization and team
- Expected to be able to travel as needed to exceed revenue targets and customer satisfaction metrics