The Partner Manager role is a field based business development position that carries revenue targets, pipeline management responsibilities and partner competency targets alongside other key performance indicators.
The Partner Manager is responsible for 12-15 Strategic Veeam Pro-Partner Accounts within a set geographical region (Victoria). The Partner Manager has overall ownership of recruiting, training and enabling channel partners who focus on VMware and Microsoft virtualisation technologies. The Partner Manager will build relationships from executive-level through to operational field sales within Resellers and System Integrators (VARs and SIs).
The Partner Manager will be assisted by a VIC based Territory Account Manager and Pre-sales Systems Engineer as well as being supported by an Inside Sales team. Additionally, the Partner Manager will facilitate joint marketing and demand generation campaigns with VIC partners in conjunction with the Channel Marketing Manager.
As a field Partner Manager you will work closely with Strategic Veeam Pro-Partners to help identify new revenue opportunities. As such the Partner Manager will need to continually develop their knowledge of virtualisation and availability technologies and also be able to articulate the value of business continuity and availability. The Partner Manager will need to have excellent communication, business acumen and relationship building skills to ensure we are able to influence and develop Veeam Software’s Pro-Partner community.
- Develop and own partner strategy, strategic account plans, and key executive relationships - including growth opportunities, action planning, and revenue forecasting.
- Achieving revenue targets and goals within the VIC territory.
- Developing and executing territory plans with the focus on channel partners and mid-market to enterprise size VMware and Microsoft virtualisation customers.
- Recruiting, training and enabling channel partners (VARs and SIs) with the focus on SMB run-rate business.
- Establish and build long-term and productive relationships with channel partners.
- Drive revenue through analysis and optimisation with your set channel partners.
- Structure proposals working with internal support functions to negotiate and close deals.
- Be the first point of contact for partners around all key areas (training, enablement, opportunity assistance, lead generation, etc.)
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Veeam Software’s solution offering and its competitive advantages, actively monitor the competitive landscape and provide feedback to the business.
- Plan and drive activities with set channel partners to drive maximum return to Veeam Software.
- Gain a deep understanding of the channel partners you specifically manage and maintain / update information in SFDC. Ensuring all information supplied is up-to-date, accurate and comprehensive.
- Work closely with and support our local distributors to ensure Veeam’s business goals are being achieved.
- Work with the Sydney based Alliance Manager to develop and maintain strong working relationships with the local Global Alliance Partners teams in Cisco, HPE, NetApp, EMC, VMware and Microsoft.
- Ensure that knowledge of Veeam Software’s business, core goals and strategies, organisation, products and solutions, and IT industry is kept up to date.
- Actively contribute towards the improvement of the team and operation, participating in team meetings, discussions and other activities with a focus of development.
- Providing on-going support to the entire team in region, assisting with recruitment, training and enablement, opportunity identification and closure.