Manager, Inside Systems EngineeringVeeam
United States, Georgia, Alpharetta
The Manager of the pre-sales inside systems engineering team is responsible for leading, coaching and mentoring a team of up to 12 people. This team of inside engineers provides technical expertise through sales calls, through online presentations, through the proof of concept of Veeam’s products, through enablement for Veeam partners and through general public webinars. The manager must possess a background that includes deployments of virtual environments as well as experience in working with pre-sales teams.
Inside Systems Engineer Manager will oversee Inside Systems Engineers and Associate Inside Systems Engineers for the segments and/or region(s) assigned to them. The manager is expected to track and manage the team’s activity each week, conduct one-on-one meetings with their direct reports, and partner with their sales counterparts to attain their respective aligned quotas and revenue goals. The Inside Systems Engineer Manager reports to the Sr. Director of Systems Engineering, Commercial & SMB.
- The Inside Systems Engineer (ISE) Manager spends time training, developing and mentoring his direct reports.
- Provide Veeam products and virtualization expertise to customers and partners, as well as sales team members.
- The ISE Manager acts as an escalation point for their ISE team.
- Present and demonstrate Veeam solutions to perspective customers based on requirements to both technical and non-technical audiences such as prospects, customers, sales teams and partners.
- Act as an integral member to the inside and field sales teams by contributing to the formulation of Veeam strategies and technical approaches, including pre-sales planning and marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with the aligned inside and outside sales leadership teams to ensure the teams are working together to achieve their assigned goals.
- Track and manage strategic programs to drive revenue and increase partner success.
- The ISE Manager is responsible for managing the day to day activities of the Inside Systems Engineers on their team.
- The ISE Manager will also spend time shadowing the Inside Systems Engineers in their territory and use that to provide their direct reports feedback and coaching for improvement.
- The Inside Systems Engineer Manager must possess the ability to adapt to fast changes in various roles and responsibilities.
- Must be able to possess the ability to work independently as well as within a team with limited direction in a fast‐paced environment; must be a high‐energy, motivated self‐starter and be able to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Must be able to maintain deep technical knowledge of all Veeam products and its eco-system technologies including, but not limited to VMware, Hyper-V, Microsoft System Center, Cloud Solutions, Windows Enterprise Operating Systems and our competitors.
- Must be able to drive constant incremental improvement in your assigned regions which are tracked weekly, monthly, quarterly as well as year-over-year.
- Must establish and maintain thought-leader status by participating in regional team calls and removing technical obstacles impeding revenue generation from our sales teams.
- Must be able to maintain project and program management as it relates to healthy evolution and team dynamics.
- The ISE Manager must be able to occasionally participate in field events such as industry-related trade shows, cover events for field activities as needed and also for training purposes.
- The ISE Manager will be responsible for recruiting, interviewing and hiring of new team members.
- The ISE Manager must be able to travel (<10%).
- Must possess and demonstrate leadership experience in previous roles. A minimum of 2-years leading a team of engineers that are part of a technical team working with other pre-sales teams.
- Must possess a general understanding of virtualization technologies such as VMware, vCloud Director, VMware NSX, Hyper‐V, Nutanix AHV, Zen, Citrix, etc. Certifications such as VMware VCP and Microsoft MCSE are a plus.
- General understanding of multiple enterprise operating systems such as Windows Server or Unix/Linux.
- Understanding of Storage and Networking Technologies is also a plus. Especially around NetApp, EMC, Nimble, Tintri, PureStorage, IBM, Lenovo, Cisco, Dell, Nexsan, HPE StoreOnce, HPE StoreVirtual, HPE 3PAR, etc.
- Understanding of Cloud Technologies is a plus, especially around: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, IBM Bluemix, Google Cloud Platform, OpenStack, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must! You will be presenting to groups of partners, customers, sales teams, as well as direct reports via telephone, web presentations and in person.
- Must have experience utilizing Microsoft Office Products, SalesForce, WebEx, GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar, Remote Desktop and other presentation tools.
Bachelor’s Degree required (A combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.
28 jobs found
Business Manager, Veeam Cloud Service Provider (VCSP)