Key Account Manager
Australia, New South Wales, North Sydney
This role is responsible for working with end user prospects, existing customers and the partner sales community. In addition, they also are responsible for developing, accelerating, up-selling and closing business with the Victorian and Tasmanian market territory.
- Develop and close business with accounts
- Meets or exceeds individual and team revenue targets.
- Leverage partners to close sales with their end customers.
- Develop an ongoing territory plan aligned to penetrating the the Victoria and Tasmania markets
- Develop sales activities with new account customers; up-sell and cross-sell to the existing mid-market customer base.
- Develops sales pipeline by proactive calling to convert sales conversations to identified prospects.
- Effectively executes a territory plan to maximize revenue.
- Enter forecasting and account/opportunity details in Veeam’s CRM (SalesForce); provide weekly updates including but not limited to, dollar amounts, socket counts, status and decision makers and next steps in closing opportunities.
- Works with regional sales team to advance opportunities to closure, including Systems Engineers to technically qualify and deliver product demonstrations.
- Propose, coordinate and participate to marketing activities within the territory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (a combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Experience with vendors associated with Virtualisation, storage/ infrastructure and/or disruptive technology is strongly desired. Alternatively, working within a reseller organisation is also desirable
- 3+ years of mid-market to enterprise software sales; direct and channel sales experience required with experience managing resellers at a tactical, transaction-based level.
- Ideal candidate will possess experience and understanding of selling to government, education and/ or healthcare.
- Proven track record of accomplished selling in the mid-market to IT infrastructure specialists, C-Suite and other business decision makers is essential; must have an in-depth understanding of technology trends and issues and their impact on enterprises.
- Proven ability to develop new sales with strong cold-calling and prospecting skills.
- Exceptional territory planning abilities required, aligned to identifying and closing new business
- Ability in working selling with and through the channel
- Must have knowledge of solution selling and value-based selling techniques.
- Must be available to travel up to 75% within the assigned territory.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to learn quickly.
- Be a high-energy sales person who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where roles and responsibilities change quickly.
- Strong Hunter mentality and associated activity levels are a must