Inside Sales Representative - Team Lead
Australia, New South Wales, North Sydney
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is responsible for creating and managing revenue opportunities and processing them
through the latter stages of the sales cycle to deliver net new revenue to Veeam within the assigned Territory. In addition to
prospecting within their Territory, they will also be responsible for handling any new inbound leads to ensure they are followed
up in a timely and professional manner, with an aim of converting them into opportunities, and, ultimately, revenue for Veeam.
Lastly, they will work closely with their respective Veeam Channel managers to collaborate with strategic Veeam resellers within
their assigned Territory to engage in joint prospecting and marketing activities, to also create revenue opportunities for Veeam.
An ISR who also carries the Team Leader responsibilities will directly supervise all other ISRs in the ANZ Region to ensure they
are performing their day to day roles and responsibilities by monitoring the team’s performance and report on the key
performance metrics as set by the Inside Sales Manager. The Team Leader will work close with the Inside Sales Manager to
build and deliver training programs to ensure the ongoing development and success of each team member. The Team Leader
will spend time with each individual ISR to provide coaching and mentoring.
- Prospecting within the assigned Territory to proactively identify revenue opportunities for Veeam.
- Maximizing coverage within designated region and penetrating organizations with Veeam products.
- Receiving and responding to inbound sales leads and converting them to new business.
- Coordinating sales activities with partners/consultants/distributors and resellers to identify and close new business.
- Initiating telephone, web and email contact with potential prospects from developed web and lead generation lists as well as the ISRs own prospecting list.
- Developing a solid working knowledge of Veeam Software products and the benefits they provide to potential customers.
- Providing support to qualified prospects and customers including follow up, product information, quotations and closures.
- Providing forecasting and account/opportunity reviews on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, as needed.
- Updating and maintaining the Veeam CRM system.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture and clear team goals
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Motivate team members
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Suggest and organize team building activities
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Three –five (3-5) years’ experience selling enterprise software (virtualization solutions from VMware, Microsoft or Citrix or similar area of infrastructure computing). VMware VSP certification a strong plus.
- Advanced Solution Selling / Consultative Selling skills – formal certification preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent electronic correspondence skills, with knowledge of common business research tools including LinkedIn.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Two – three (2-3) years’ experience in a Team Leader or Managerial role.
- Experience in interviewing and hiring of new staff members, including onboarding training & support.
- Established network within the ANZ ICT Channel ecosystem would be considered favourably.
- Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities; ability to work independently within the strategic direction provided by management in a fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter.