Inside Channel Manager
Australia, New South Wales, North Sydney
Inside Channel Manager (ICM) Role is an inside sales based account management position that carries revenue targets, pipeline management requirements and partner competency targets alongside other key performance indicators.
The ICM is the responsible for 25-30 Veeam Pro-Partners within a set geographical region. The ICM has overall ownership of the partners: Revenue, Relationship, Investment / Commitment and Partnership. The ICM is expected to proactively contact their managed Pro-Partners on a regular basis through relationship building exercises, development specific to sales and technical competencies in line with Veeam Software’s Pro-Partner Program and nurture sales opportunities within the set Pro-Partner Accounts. The ICM will provide advice and assistance to Veeam Pro-Partners on all licensing, product, sales and technical requirements.
They will also need to work closely with their Pro-Partners to help identify new revenue opportunities. As such the ICM will need to continually develop their virtualisation expertise across VMware and Microsoft hypervisor solutions / offerings and be able to sell the business value of backup and recovery, management, monitoring and reporting of the virtual environment. The ICM will need to have excellent communication, business acumen and relationship building skills to ensure that we are able to influence and develop our Pro-Partner community.
- Developing a solid working knowledge of Veeam Software’s solution offerings.
- Providing support to qualified prospects and customers including follow up, product information, quotations and closures.
- Receiving and responding to inbound sales leads and converting them to new business.
- Maximising coverage within a defined region and penetrate organisations with Veeam products.
- Initiating telephone and email contact with potential prospects from developed web and lead generation lists; cold calling as needed.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Pro-Partner’s business expectations and actively drive relationships and opportunities.
- Maintain information in SFDC to provide consistent, accurate and comprehensive information on their partners.
- Ensure that knowledge of Veeam Software’s business, core goals and strategies, organisation, products and solutions, and IT industry is kept up to date.
- Actively contribute towards the improvement of the team and operation, participating in team meetings, discussions and other activities to develop the team.
- Providing on-going support to the Channel Manager (Field) in the region, assisting with recruitment, training and enablement, opportunity identification and closure.
- Be able to identify, qualify and forecast opportunities, through pipeline management.
- Establish and build long-term and productive relationships based with set Pro-Partner accounts.
- Act as the primary point of contact for their managed account list and ensuring speedy responsiveness to all partner requests.
- Plan and drive activities with set Pro-Partners to drive maximum return to Veeam Software.
- Two - three (2 -3) years’ experience selling enterprise software in the channel.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent electronic correspondence skills, with knowledge of basic business research tools.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter.
- Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities.