Global Alliances Director
United States, California, Palo Alto
The Global Alliance Director will be responsible for developing the Global Alliance strategy and business plan for Veeam’s tier one Alliance partners. This individual should have an understanding of how to work with key Alliance field roles including Sales, Marketing and Business unit organizations. This role is responsible for all aspects of Veeam’s strategic alliance relationship with our Alliance partners. He/She will lead the Global strategic alliance relationship with the Alliance partner and be responsible for accelerating the adoption of Veeam technologies in the market by identifying, classifying and managing relevant, mutually beneficial joint business activities and enabling the needed product integration.
This role will be responsible for growing the Alliance’s business by leveraging our regional sales, marketing and channel partner teams.
- Experience in strategic business development and through partner motions.
- Proven track record of program and campaign creation for multiple audiences including sales teams.
- Knowledge of virtualization technology.
- Experience working with Global Alliance partner sales and partner business development is a must.
- Understanding of building channel business a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time within the assigned territory.
- An understanding of how to work with Alliance partners globally
- Knowledge of virtualization technology and leverage within a 2-tier model.
- Ability to create and execute on business plans.
- Ability to create and deliver programs/campaigns.
- Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter.
- Cross team collaboration and motivational skills.
- Analytical thinker with proven ability to metric and govern.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of directly related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Drive Veeam Alliance product related revenue globally
- Act as a liaison between the Alliance partner & the Veeam Regional Field Organization.
- Understand and communicate Veeam’s “Value Prop” as it relates to the Alliance partner’s and Veeam’s product offerings.
- Create, develop and manage programs to grow the Alliance business.
- Collaborate and communicate across regional marketing and sales teams for planning and delivery of programs.
- Develop relationships with Alliance regional teams for enhancing the Veeam business.
- Discover, evaluate and recommend investment in marketing opportunities offered by Alliance or partners, manage Veeam’s participation in alliance partner activities.
- Manage multiple campaigns from conception and launch through evaluation.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in IT, channel experience a plus
Reporting Relationship and Accountability
This position reports to: Sr. Director, Global Alliances. The position will be responsible for:
- Tracking and reporting overall Veeam Alliance sales / attach rate.
- Monthly reporting on previous month activities and accomplishments.
- Tracking and reporting overall Alliance joint initiatives.
- Technical integrations and certifications within the alliance partner eco-system
- Alliance partner technical influence – i.e. API development, modification, and utilization.
- Salary and commission.
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.