Federal Account Manager
United States, Washington, DC, Washington
The Federal Account Manager for Civilian role will be responsible for developing, accelerating, up-selling and closing business with new and existing U.S. Federal customers of Veeam virtualization backup and replication software. The focus will be in the Civilian market. The Enterprise Account Manager will maintain the highest level of knowledge about Veeam’s solutions and business strategy while being responsible for the successful execution of the respective sales plan.
- The Federal Account Manager – Civilian Agencies is responsible for the end-to-end management of sales opportunities to include bid and win strategies, pricing, teaming, and proposal strategies.
- Builds strong professional relationship with key IT and Line of business executives at Civilian Agencies (e.g., GSA, OPM, DoT, NASA, DoC, USDA, etc.) that ensures that the Federal Account Manager has detailed information with the client in order to be conversant in their opportunities, terminology, policies, organizational structure and strategic initiatives.
- Works with the Systems Engineers and Solutions Architects to assist in the design of the technical solutions, as well as to identify customer-wide IT and mission parameters and constraints that impact a potential solution. Be a “thought leader” for the group.
- Drive relationships with Veeam counterparts (inside sales, commercial field sales, marketing, engineering) as well as external Channel and Alliance partnerships to identify opportunities, develop strategy and execute successful programs across Federal Civilian community.
Interact and lead discussions with Federal Executives, Systems Integrators, partners and other internal/external stakeholders to establish and execute project/customer requirements, address current program issues, and develop long-term strategies.
Report in writing and orally to customer management, contract program manager, Veeam Senior management, and Government representatives.
- Be an aggressive self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, articulate Veeam’s solution and business value, create demand and close deals
- Develop a pipeline of activity that focuses on short, medium, and long-term revenue opportunities within the assigned accounts that result in quarterly measured revenue generation and balances that with long term Program wins
- Set the sales strategy that drives demand and revenue generation and is responsible for developing and executing the business plan that includes a team of resources
- Must be able to effectively find, assess, and prioritize existing and future opportunities in conjunction with the customer, Veeam teammates, and the Channel Partner ecosystem
- Engage with strategic alliance partners to drive mutually beneficial revenue opportunities
- Propose, coordinate and participate in marketing activities to enterprise named accounts
- Effectively executes territory plan, account plans and opportunity plans to maximize revenue
- Must be available to travel as needed within the assigned territory
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required. A combination of education and experience will be considered
- Proven track record of being a clear communicator and being comfortable in front of large groups as well as executive/C-Level customers
- Experience selling and working with key virtualization and cloud partners
- Minimum of five (5) or more years of enterprise sales experience; direct and channel sales experience required
- Proven track record of accomplished selling in the Federal Civilian Market. Must have an in-depth understanding of technology trends and issues and their impact in the Enterprise space
- Proven ability to develop new sales with prospecting, relationship building and executions skills
- Must have knowledge of solution selling and value-based selling techniques
- Be a high-energy sales person who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where roles and responsibilities change quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities
- VMware VSP, VRSP certification a strong plus.
- Storage/data protection / data center technology product sales is a strong plus
- Knowledge of and success in preparing RFPs and related documents/proposals for the Federal procurement space
- Works autonomously from a home office, with extensive communications via skype, outlook and Webex settings.
- Passion for the industry and ability to work in a high growth, nimble organization and team
- Expected to be able to travel as needed to exceed revenue targets and customer satisfaction metrics
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.