Distribution Manager - Japan
The Distributor Manager (“DM”) Role is key business development position that carries revenue targets, pipeline management responsibilities and partner competency targets alongside other key performance indicators.
The DM will be responsible for enabling Veeam’s distributors and developing Veeam’s Pro-Partners relationships within Japan including key technology alliance partners. The DM has overall ownership of recruiting, retaining and enabling channel partners who focus on VMware and Microsoft virtualisation technologies. The DM must build executive-level through to operational relationships within distributors and also develop various demand generation campaigns with each partner.
As a Distributor Manager you will work closely with distributors and strategic Veeam Pro-Partners to help identify new revenue opportunities. As such the DM will need to continually develop their knowledge of virtualisation and availability technologies and also be able to articulate the value of business continuity. The DM will need to have excellent communication, business acumen and relationship building skills to ensure that we are able to influence and develop Veeam Software’s Pro-Partner community.
- Enable distributors and develop partner strategy, strategic account plans, and key executive relationships - including growth opportunities, action planning, and revenue forecasting.
- Achieving revenue targets and goals within a set geographical region.
- Help distributors to developing and executing territory plans with their focus on channel partners and mid-market to enterprise size VMware and Microsoft virtualisation customers.
- Establish and build long-term and productive relationships with distributors.
- Drive revenue through analysis and optimisation with distributors.
- Structure proposals working with internal support functions to negotiate and close deals.
- Be the first point of contact for distributors around all key areas (training, enablement, opportunity assistance, lead generation, etc.)
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Veeam Software’s solution offering and its competitive advantages, actively monitor the competitive landscape and provide feedback to the business.
- Gain a deep understanding of the distributors your specifically manage and maintain / update information in SFDC. Ensuring all information supplied is up-to-date, accurate and comprehensive.
- Ensure that knowledge of Veeam Software’s business, core goals and strategies, organization, products and solutions, and IT industry is kept up to date.
- Actively contribute towards the improvement of the team and operation, participating in team meetings, discussions and other activities with a focus of development.
- Providing on-going support to the entire team in region, assisting with recruitment, training and enablement, opportunity identification and closure.
- Key to success will be developing strong internal partnership with the marketing, inside and field sales teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (a combination of education and experience will be considered).
- 3-5 years Channel Sales Experience (prerequisite).
- Proven sales and partner/account management track record.
- Business development and deal negotiation experience is a must.
- Building executive through to operational level relationships within distributors and resellers.
- Solid understanding of virtualisation technologies specifically VMware & Microsoft solution sets.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent electronic correspondence skills, with knowledge of basic business research tools.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter
- Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time depending on requirements.