Distribution Account Director
United States, Arizona, Phoenix
United States, Florida, Clearwater
The Distribution Account Director – Tech Data Technology Solutions is responsible for developing and accomplishing sales objectives by managing the Avnet relationship from within two tier distribution framework. The successful candidate will manage daily sales relationships and represent VEEAM in all aspects of business development, marketing and sales within Tech Data Technology Solutions.
- Manage relationships in a highly leveraged, matrixed environment with indirect reports.
- Develop goals that are measurable and drive productivity within our distributors.
- Conduct impactful QBRs with meaningful and measureable action items, as well as follow-up.
- Develop executive level relationships within the distributors.
- Achieve revenue targets and goals for the distributors.
- Develop and execute distributors plan with variable rebates and goals.
- Train and enable distributor sales teams and overlay personnel on Veeam solutions and Partner Program.
- Work across all business units both internally at Veeam and within distributors for operational efficiencies.
- Work closely with Alliances teams internally and within distributors to achieve NA goals.
- Successful sales experience with channel-focused company and 2 tier distributors in North America
- Proven track record of successful product management within a 2 tier model
- Knowledge of virtualization technology and leverage within a 2 tier model
- Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities and work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter
- Analytical thinker with proven ability to metric and govern
- Drives all aspects of business development and sales enablement initiatives and works with VP of Distribution to drive final account decisions.
- Develops recommendation from complex data and business analyses and formulates them into business plans.
- Leads and executes highly complex, time sensitive projects; identifies and recommends solutions for multifaceted operational and programmatic problems for specific account
- Leads efforts to develop innovative business models and analyses to support multiple, large projects.
- Decision-making implications extend to multiple functions and/or businesses and impact the business directly.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent years of experience
- Successful sales experience with a North American Distributor, experience with Tech Data/Avnet TS is a plus
- Proven track record of successful selling within a 2 tier distribution environment
- Knowledge of virtualization technology, experience with VMware and/or Microsoft is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel 50% of the time within North America
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.