Director, Systems Engineering Channels, National Partners & Corporate ResellersVeeam
United States, Washington, DC, Washington
This member of the Pre-Sales Veeam organization will develop and lead the North America Technical Partner Manager team focused on Veeam National Partners and Corporate Resellers through times of rapid growth. This leader also focuses on broadly increasing visibility across the Veeam Partner community of the history of innovation and proven differentiation that Veeam has brought to the virtualization backup and replication software market to date, as well as into the leadership role that Veeam will play into data management solutions of the future. Also, this leader will serve as a business-focused sales professional who provides strategic business direction and technical vision across the Veeam Partner community, accelerating Veeam revenue as a result of Veeam Partner success. This member will provide mentorship within his/her span of control by acting as a technical sales leader and business partner to the Channel leadership team. Success in the role requires an organized, team player, with the ability to manage multiple sales campaigns and strategic initiatives simultaneously with a focus on ensuring that the value of Veeam solutions are understood by customers and partners, and ultimately realized upon implementation.
- Lead a team of Sales Channel-focused Systems Engineers (Technical Partner Managers – TPMs) that articulate the value of Veeam technologies and solutions, as well as the value of embracing Veeam as a technology partner, with a priority focus on Veeam National Partners and Corporate Resellers.
- Provide guidance and oversight for the Technical Partner Manager team as they develop and articulate partner strategies that align with Veeam partner business requirements and goals; assign resources appropriately.
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior level technical influencers among focus Veeam partners to better understand business models and technical requirements, and expand the reach of Veeam’s industry-leading solutions.
- Work with Channel Leadership to ensure technical Channel focused objectives are met, including the development and implementation of successful partner initiatives.
- Assist in qualified partner opportunities where appropriate to scale expertise and build capability.
- Collaborate with the broader Veeam Systems Engineering, and Partner Sales Acceleration team to increase partner technical and business Veeam acumen, but also the ongoing development and support of Veeam advocates among the Veeam partners community.
- Expertly maintain an active program for building capacity and achieving high team performance based on reseller partner and internal Veeam requirements.
- Provide consistent focus on building and maintaining Systems Engineering team excellence with ongoing attention to talent acquisition and development.
- Foster teamwork across all organizational lines and cultivate relationships with customers, partners, vendors and other organizations to manage successful solution implementations
- Monitor and measure team progress against business plan and recommending changes as needed
- Lead cross-functional projects and initiatives beyond immediate area of responsibility, and in complex environments.
- Execute on programs to improve customer and partner experience to increase brand loyalty for Veeam
- Minimum of seven years of experience in a combination of channel enablement program management, pre-sales engineering for large enterprise storage manufacturers and/or enterprise solution development, process implementation, and data center operations.
- Minimum of three years of pre-sales leadership experience, with a proven ability to motivate and drive a high-performance team
- Able to effectively collaborate with a wide range of technical staff and managers at Veeam and in partner environments.
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer and partner base.
- Understanding of partner business models and management practices, solutions and all aspect of sales support processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, negotiation skills, and presentation skills, and the ability to influence and communicate professionally across all functional lines.
- Solution design and implementation experience in data center infrastructures, virtualized architectures and data backup and recovery technologies.
- Broad exposure to a variety of data center technologies and concepts, and comfortable with complex heterogeneous system implementations.
- Proven ability to add positive value to consultative multi-skilled teams consisting of partners, customers and third parties.
- Ability to formulate strategies involving multiple people and organizations, and then follow through with those initiatives.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation, a strong sense of initiative, a positive attitude, and a collaborative working style
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment and continuously re-prioritize while maintaining a constant focus on driving Veeam success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 50%-70% travel
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.