Director, Field Sales - DODVeeam
United States, District of Columbia, Washington
Date Posted: 2021-01-21
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
The Area Sales Director is responsible for managing and leading a sales team by overseeing sales for new and existing customers of Veeam products in the DoD and FSI market.
- Attracts, retains, develops, coaches and manages a team of Federal Account Managers with defined territories
- Builds territory sales plans, executes against the sales strategy and procures all business opportunities through channel reseller partners
- Partners with respective Inside Sales Managers & their team members to follow up on inbound leads and targeted named accounts
- Drives, manages and executes the business and revenue of the area sales team through pipeline development, forecasting and performance goals
- Analyzes area market dynamics to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Educates the team on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing
- Prepares forecasts, territory/industry management and growth plans
- Establishes metrics to measure team performance; addresses and corrects performance deficiencies in a timely and efficient manner
- Serves as contact for large enterprise FSI and DoD clients and leads sales actions to close large deals, when necessary
- Ensures that the team and individual sales plans are aligned with the corporate revenue goal
- Fosters a collaborative and positive team environment
- Ability to travel 0 - 75% of the time within the assigned territory/region requirements
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent years of experience
- Proven sales experience managing teams, selling software through the channels and end users
- Experience in business-to-business and business-to-government selling and managing using a consultative sales approach
- Understands how to leverage the partner ecosystem (VARs, Service Providers, etc.)
- Excellent management and communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal )
- Developed C-level network and relationships in specific region is highly preferred
- Deep subject matter knowledge and sales experience in data storage/disaster recovery/backup/data protection highly preferred
- Ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of large distributors and value added resellers (VAR’s) is highly desired
- Knowledge of virtualization industry
- Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of solution selling and value-based selling techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of different sales methodologies and customer relationship management (CRM) system: SalesForce knowledge is desired
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination in any form on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. All your information will be kept confidential.