Director, Civilian Federal Sales
United States, Washington, DC, Washington
United States, Virginia
The Director, Civilian Federal Sales is responsible for managing and leading the Federal Civilian sales team by overseeing sales for new and existing customers of Veeam virtualization backup and replication software.
- Manage a team of 6+ Federal Account Executives across the Civilian Federal marketplace.
- Report to and work with the VP of Federal Sales to build an executable business plan for the team and a strategic plan to exceed revenue targets
- Work with Federal inside Sales Manager & staff to follow up on inbound leads, target named accounts and maximize revenue
- Drives, manages and executes the business and revenue of the Civilian Federal sales team; develops, coaches and trains sales staff
- Analyzes Civilian Federal market dynamics in an effort to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Educates team on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing
- Prepares forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans
- Establishes and reports on metrics to measure team performance; correct deficiencies where necessary
- Serves as executive contact for large enterprise clients and overseas sales actions to close large deals when necessary
- Ensures that the sales plan is aligned with and supports the corporate revenue goal
- Recruits, hires and trains staff members; fosters a successful and positive team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required (a combination of education and experience will be considered)
- At least Five (5) years of sales management, selling software through the channels and to end users
- Must be a high performing sales manager with a proven track record of consistently exceeding established measurements for goals and objectives
- Must be a skilled motivator with demonstrated ability to coach and develop sales staff to exceed targeted sales objectives and deliver high quality service to customers
- Preferred candidates will have experience in selling to Civilian Federal accounts and managing using a consultative sales approach
- The ideal candidate will have an extensive network of personal contacts inside the Federal Government ecosystem (Government employees, Systems Integrators, Partners, etc.) as well as a solid network of A Players from which to hire for open positions.
- The candidate will have strong closing skills and excellent management and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated knowledge of different sales methodologies and customer relationship management (CRM) system: Salesforce knowledge is desired
- Knowledge and understanding of how large distributors and value added resellers (VAR’s) operate is highly desired
- Proven C Level relationships in specific region is highly preferred
- Knowledge of virtualization technology, experience with Enterprise software is highly desirable
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.