Channel Business Developer - Renewals
United States, Georgia, Alpharetta
The Channel Business Developer is responsible for driving Renewals Sales within our valued Pro Partner channel.
- Works to improve partner renewal rates by showing the benefits of Veeam renewals.
- Quantitatively monitors and qualitatively reviews a specific list of Veeam partners that have been targeted for improvement, specifically for renewals sales.
- Interacts and collaborates regularly with external partners and internally with Veeam sales and marketing teams.
- Handles partner inquiries by explaining the provisions and benefits of proposed plans; renewals programs, promotions, positioning value of multi-year support, up-sells, cross sells and product upgrades.
- Actively pursues list of lapsed customers, end users and channel partners to sell reinstated products.
- Ability to handle 90% of escalations independently.
- Tracks renewal rates for partners and communicates these findings to partners and partner managers.
- Tracks trending partner data to seek out obstacles, work with partners on strategies to overcome these obstacles, and maximize partnership value, while positioning opportunities for growth.
- Generates regular reports and assures that contracts contain appropriate terms and conditions for maintenance renewals selected by the partner.
- Assists in continued development of channel programs for renewals.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Channel Sales is required; thorough understanding of channel nuances critical to role.
- IT Distribution experience preferred, IT Reseller experience will also be considered.
- Microsoft Excel expertise with a high-level of proficiency required.
- Experience compiling, querying, analyzing and reporting data.
- Salesforce proficiency preferred.
- Telephone sales experience required; Previous sales experience representing a technology product or service, while having demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed a sales quota (preferable).
- Experience in renewing support contracts for at least 1 year.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines and quotas.
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes in role responsibilities per organizational initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (A combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Ability to work in a semi-autonomous and fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter, with a positive mentality.
- Ability to coach resellers to maintain Renewal Rate by Amount and # of Deals over certain threshold (depending on the region/to be set by manager).
- Ability to coach resellers to maintain Prepaid maintenance renewals sales over determined threshold (depending on the region/to be set by manager).
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Exceptional Work Ethic and commitment to Team Work.
- Ensures customer/partner satisfaction.
- Has ideas and enjoys creating and executing on different renewals campaigns.
- Able to travel and present in front of a large audience, if needed.
- Has a very outgoing personality, with the ability to be compassionate and stand up for the partner internally.
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare