QA Engineer - Performance & ScalabilityVeeam
Czech Republic, Prague
Date Posted: 2020-11-24
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
The Veeam Quality Assurance team invites you to work on Veeam products with our QA professionals in the R&D office in Prague.
Veeam creates software products to perform complex tasks in the fields of data backup and management. We work with VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Nutanix AHV virtualization platforms; with Windows, Linux and Unix operating systems; with Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, Oracle and SAP HANA servers and databases; with Amazon, Azure and Google public clouds; and with many other technologies that form the core of modern IT.
Your tasks will include:
· Load and performance testing for one or more Veeam products,
· Identifying bottlenecks and scaling system boundaries; collecting metrics,
· Creating and monitoring a large-scale test infrastructure that consists of hundreds of servers and thousands of virtual machines,
· Automating performance tests as well as environment deployment processes,
· Immersing yourself in the technology, in the profession and in our products,
· Participating in the creation and development of each product at all stages of its life cycle,
· Analyzing and discussing the requirements; interacting with all participants in the development process,
· Providing users with technical support.
To be successful, you will need:
· A technical education or an irresistible passion for technology,
· 1–2 years of experience in testing, system administration, support T3
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Linux or Unix at the level of an advanced user or administrator. A good understanding of how the main OS modules applications operate and limiting subsystems – CPU, Disk, RAM, network, etc.,
· Experience in analyzing computer software performance and using tools to monitor it,
· Skill in troubleshooting multi-component software: reading logs, analyzing the interaction between components, identifying patterns,
· A lively and flexible mind, clear logic, iron nerves :)
· The desire and ability to work in a team,
· The desire to develop yourself in the field of testing system performance and scalability,
· Knowledge of English at the level of reading technical documentation
· The desire to relocate to the company’s R&D office in the Czech Republic.
· Experience in working with databases, including profiling – performance analysis, identifying “heavy” and most common queries, Extended Events, etc.,
· Experience in dump analysis and process monitoring (WinDbg, dotTrace, PerfView, etc.),
· Experience in scripting and test automation and/or environment deployment,
· Experience in working with virtualization systems.
Our offer includes:
- Excellent professional and career opportunities in the international team of talented and energetic people.
- Competitive salary and regular pay rises.
- Generous benefits package from the very first day of your employment including: premium health insurance program for you and your children, additional payments for sick leave, English classes, meal tickets, MultiSport card, public transport pass, cell phone contract, and many others.
- Flexible working hours, no bureaucracy or formalism.
- Professional trainings and education, including courses and conferences, internal meetups and unlimited access to online library.
- Work permit assistance.
- Relocation package for non-Prague candidates: one additional salary as a one-time payment.