Application Security EngineerVeeam
Czech Republic, Prague
Date Posted: 2020-08-11
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
The Veeam Quality Assurance team invites you to work on Veeam’s products and to learn from Veeam QA professionals.
Veeam creates software products to solve complicated tasks in the areas of data protection and management. We work with VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Nutanix AHV virtualization platforms; Windows, Linux and Unix operating systems; Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, Oracle and SAP HANA servers and databases; Amazon, Azure and Google public clouds; and many other technologies forming the core of the modern IT-world.
Your tasks will include:
- Threat modeling and design reviews for new and existing Veeam products;
- Conducting manual source code security audits;
- Using automated application-analysis tools;
- Manually testing products in terms of their security (penetration testing);
- Analyzing and discussing requirements, interacting with all participants in the development process;
- Participating in the creation and development of each product at all stages of its life cycle.
- 1–2 years of experience in application security, in testing or software development;
- Knowledge in the field of information security, threat classification (SQL Injections, CSRF, DDoS, etc.), and countermeasures;
- A good understanding of the principles of secure software development;
- Administration skills in Microsoft Windows, Linux or Unix;
- A desire to develop in the field of application security;
- A lively and flexible mind, clear logic, and analytical skills;
- The desire and ability to work as part of a team;
- A willingness to relocate to the company’s R&D office in the Czech Republic;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, Bash, Ruby, etc.);
- Knowledge of modern cryptographic algorithms;
- Experience with DAST and SAST tools;
- Skills using OWASP ZAP, Burp Suite, Kali Linux tools;
- Certifications such as OSCP, CEH, CSSLP, etc.
- Excellent professional and career opportunities in the international team of talented and energetic people;
- Competitive salary and regular pay rises;
- Generous benefits package from the very first day of your employment including: premium health insurance program for you and your children, additional payments for sick leave, English classes, meal tickets, MultiSport card, public transport pass, cell phone contract, and many others;
- Flexible working hours, no bureaucracy or formalism;
- Professional trainings and education, including courses and conferences, internal meetups and unlimited access to online library;
- Work permit assistance;
- Relocation package for non-Prague candidates: one additional salary as a one-time payment.