Junior Software Analyst / Product ManagementVeeam
Russian Federation, Saint-Petersburg
Date Posted: 2019-08-15
Since Veeam was formed in 2006, the company has continued to lead the industry in terms of growth and innovation. Delivering Availability for the Always‑On Enterprise™, in a short space of time Veeam has amassed more than 350,000 customers across the globe and has been named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software.
Veeam currently has now more than 3500 employees around the globe. Company’s global headquarters are located in Baar, Switzerland, and the company has 30+ offices throughout the world.
We are currently looking to recruit Junior Software Analyst to join our in-house team in Saint-Petersburg, Russia. Do you have a passion for new, cutting-edge technologies? Do you like to research and innovate? If so, this may be the job for you.
- Knowledge management: collecting and managing expert-level knowledge around company’s products and solutions.
- Conducting analysis of competitive solutions to find strong sides, and weaknesses; and creating internal and customer-facing competitive documentation.
- Providing the technical expertise for the product community: sales consultants, support engineers, customers. Actively participate in product’s forum and relevant communities.
- Learning the feedback from the field (sales, consultants and customers) and analyzing how it should be reflected in the implementation of the requirements. Suggesting product features to address these requirements.
- Reviewing the drafts of the technical and marketing documentation for its accuracy in technical details.
- Organizing internal product previews on the early development stages.
Designing UML-models for product automation services (PowerShell and RESTful APIs)
- High school education with an emphasis in computer science, networking, technology; or experience equivalent to a 4 year college education.
- Previous experience in software analysis or product management is a plus.
- Experience with various virtualization solution (VMware, Hyper-V, XEN) is a plus.
- Systems administration experience is a plus.
- Operating systems deployment and configuration (Windows and Linux)
- Systems management software deployment and configuration (Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, IIS etc.), basic TCP/IP networking knowledge.
- Advanced internet research skills.
- Strong software analysis skill, including installation and research of other vendor’s products in the lab, analyzing the product documentation, 3rd party reviews and articles.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, including verbal and written communications.
- Analytical thinking, common sense.
- Fluent English is a must (written and spoken).
- Work in the office located in the downtown of St-Petersburg, Russia.
- The workday may be shifted due to intense interaction with the colleagues in the other time zones.
- Ability to travel to other countries at least 1-2 times a year.
- An interesting and unique job related to cutting-edge IT technologies
- Stable, fast growing company with modern, energetic working environment and the greatest team
- Competitive salary depending on skills and expertise
- Great carrier and professional growth possibilities
- Medical insurance
- Meal Benefit as a meal card with limit
- Attendance of sport club with swimming pool
- “White” salary
For candidates from other regions: The relocation package (the one-way ticket’s compensation + the relocation allowance in one monthly base pay equivalent)