VP, Technology GRC (Governance, Risk & Compliance) - RemoteVeeam
United States, Ohio, Columbus
Date Posted: 2020-03-30
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
The Vice President, Technology Governance, Risk & Compliance Officer is a senior, seasoned leader who establishes and maintains technology and cyber polices, standards and procedures aligned to generally accepted risk frameworks – primarily the NIST CSF v1.1, develops, enhances and assumes primary responsibility for the company’s Cybersecurity Awareness Training Program, leads the functions for cyber executive reporting and 2nd line risk assessment processes. Establishes and enhances the company TPRM program and establish criteria for vendor and customer security. This leader will closely support the company’s overall compliance program and work extensively with the Office of General Counsel. In addition, the incumbent will serve as an executive leader who provides strategic business direction and technical vision across the globe while driving program and project outcomes to enhance cyber security performance. Influencing and negotiating skills are of paramount importance and are significant success criteria for this role. Provides mentorship within his/her span of control by acting as a thought leader and inspirational voice for positive change. Success in the role requires an organized, team player, with the ability to influence staff, senior executive peers and superiors.
- Lead the security-focused technology governance, risk and compliance programs.
- Develops and enhances company’s TPRM program.
- Leads efforts to provide global Cybersecurity Awareness Training to Veeam employees.
- Develop pragmatic and risk-based approaches to enhancing Veaam’s cybersecurity offerings, both internally and for customers.
- Collaborate with peer executives and Veeam teams to ensure that the solutions exceed internal customer requirements.
- Present frequently to Veeam leadership teams in order to drive a deep understanding of our efforts to enhance delivery of cyber security services to internal and external customers.
- Drive team development and training, including detailed knowledge of industry trends, business acumen, communication skills, etc., enabling them to be extremely effective in their role.
- Foster teamwork across all organizational lines and cultivate relationships with customers, partners and vendors to manage successful solution implementations.
- Evangelize Veeam Technologies and Solutions across target accounts.
- Develop relationships with customers, partners and vendors to better understand customer needs and expand the reach of Veeam’s industry leading solutions.
- Possess competitive knowledge to help position and defend Veeam’s sales campaigns.
- Ensure execution of company-wide initiatives that will contribute to the ongoing success of Veeam in the future.
- Ensure positive customer outcomes to drive Veeam brand loyalty.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large-scale technology GRC and training programs.
- Global experience in driving positive changes in culture and awareness.
- Proven ability to influence and mentor others in in a technology-focused environment.
- Able to effectively collaborate with a wide range of technical, administrative and sales staff internally and in customer environments.
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Proven ability to add positive value to consultative multi-skilled teams consisting of customers and third parties.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation, a strong sense of initiative, a positive attitude, and a collaborative working style.
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment and continuously re-prioritize while maintaining a constant focus on driving Veeam success.
- Deep understanding of corporate governance.
- Expert-level understanding ot processes and technology that support technology risk and compliance programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, negotiation skills, and presentation skills, and the ability to influence and communicate professionally across all functional lines.
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.