Senior Alliance Marketing ManagerVeeam
United States, Oregon, Portland
Date Posted: 2020-11-25
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
The Sr. Alliance Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing alliances, organizing programs and activities for the Alliance Cloud business. You will be tasked with developing programmatic approaches to support the organizations strategic direction, as well as long term goals. You will lead the overall programs with strong attention to strategy, implementation and delegation. You will help the organization stay on schedule, on spec and on an upward trajectory of success and growth.
To be successful in this role you must be able to do the following:
- Understand and market to the cloud business – Prior experience and expertise in Cloud marketing.
- Strategic Global Alliance Partner Management – Manage the marketing relationship with specific global cloud alliance partners.
- Relationship management --- develop a strong working relationship with the key marketing managers, partner business development managers and other subject-matter experts as appropriate to build strategy and deliver on projects and GTM strategies.
- Project manage initiatives’, tasks and schedules across several organizations both internal to Veeam and with Cloud partners to ensure project goals are achieved on time.
- Develop product positioning that differentiates Veeam + Cloud partner offerings by understanding customer needs, product roadmap, competitive differentiation and market dynamics
- Plan and execute joint alliance product/feature launches across cross-functional teams (spanning Product Management, Marketing, Support, Service, Sales, Channels) and related sales enablement
- Collaborate with Sales to understand & support ongoing enablement, and maximize impact of messaging for the enterprise audience
- Organize, track and document programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the Alliance Product Marketing Team.
- Develop new programs to support the strategic direction and goals of the cloud alliance partnership.
- Develop comprehensive joint marketing plans than align to the joint business plans led by the Global BDMs.
- Evaluate program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Deal with rapid change and shifting priorities.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on priorities and services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks.
- Help drive consistent strategy with the broader sales and marketing teams.
- Team-player mindset and extremely collaborative with the ability to lead virtual teams inclusive of internal & external/vendor team members.
- Create and manage long-term goals.
- Drive alliance marketing message around the Cloud.
- Manage relationships with cloud partners such as AWS, Google, and VMWare.
- Own messaging and GTM relationship for strategic global cloud alliance partners and Veeam.
- Manage project tasks, and schedules and due dates.
- Amplify joint wins via customer references, win reports for key alliance account joint successes, and announcements.
- Travel: ~10% of time; may include some international travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Marketing, Business, Communications, or a related discipline. MBA is preferred. (A combination of education and experience will be accepted.)
- Preferably 5-8 years of marketing management experience, alliance marketing a plus.
- Proven track record of running successful programs (preferably within the IT industry).
- Prior Cloud marketing experience strongly preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and independent worker.
- Strong writing skills - an understanding of powerful storytelling.
- Strong editing and communication skills.
- Holds a basic understanding of modern sales and marketing technology & tools.
- Exceptional (English) communication skills: must be able to articulate a clear, persuasive argument and present data in an effective and actionable manner orally and in writing with both internal and external teams.
- Excellent collaboration, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks, deliver high-quality work, under extreme pressure at times, within a dynamic organization.
- Ability to effectively analyze and report out on campaign results and leverage data when developing new campaigns.
- Be a team player and fun to work with!
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination in any form on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. All your information will be kept confidential.