Industry Events ManagerVeeam
United States, Georgia, Alpharetta
This position is responsible for planning, managing and successfully executing industry events and tradeshows, which are both partner and customer facing.
- Work with Veeam’s Regional and Global Marketing and Alliances teams to plan Veeam’s participation in major trade shows, conferences and events in North America.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop event strategy and execution plan. Communicate directly with executive management about event strategy and messaging, as it relates to corporate vision and priorities.
- Create and manage comprehensive event marketing plans that include messaging and logistical planning, pre-event through post-event marketing, e-mail communications, web page development, social media engagement and preparation of collateral and other creative deliverables presented at the event.
- Efficiently manage budget so that Veeam’s North American events align to corporate marketing priorities, deliver key metrics such as MQL/SQL ratio and pipeline impact.
- Manage vendor relationships, and adhere to corporate guidelines for contract negotiation, review and approval.
- Effectively use technology such as Salesforce.com, Veeam’s budget management system, Microsoft Office tools, etc. Adhere to the NA Events team’s processes for storing, sharing and managing critical event files and information.
- Plan and manage all show-floor activities (in-booth demos, theater presentations and entertainment, joint activities with partners, promotions, contests, raffles, etc.), pipeline acceleration meetings, and ancillary events (receptions, parties, etc.) around major trade shows as needed to achieve specific marketing goals.
- Direct on-site event execution, including direction of contractors and third-party vendors, engaging with event management representatives, and providing direction for Veeam personnel working the show.
- Review and analyze tradeshow and event results; share metrics and notable results with team and marketing leadership; implement changes that lead to continual improvement of results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three-Five years of experience in strategizing, planning and executing corporate events and tradeshows. Event planning experience in the technology industry a plus.
- Must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated program management and contract negotiation skills required.
- Successful management of large annual budgets is required ($100,000-$500,000 required).
- Experience in managing third-party, vendor and venue relationships.
- Skilled working with Customer Engagement Program is highly desired.
- Must have the ability to travel 25%-50% of the time.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Work independently to manage month long projects through completion.
- Deliver marketing results in the form of net new leads and pipeline impact from events.
- Possess the ability to successfully and effectively work across multiple teams.
Experience with customer-facing events is a HUGE plus: customer user groups, user conferences, managing a customer community, etc.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree required in Marketing, Communications, or Business. (A combination of education and experience will be considered.)
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.