Director, Alliance Marketing
United States, Ohio, Columbus
United States, Georgia, Atlanta
The Director of Alliance Marketing is responsible for the creation and continuous development of the go-to-market strategy for Veeam’s alliance partners. The Alliance Marketing group is responsible for multiple alliances that drive cross geography programs to help grow sales pipeline, accelerate the sales cycle and amplify Veaam’s joint alliance message(s).
The successful candidate will have experience with a large software organization (preferably from Microsoft, VMware, HPE, Cisco, NetApp, Dell/EMC or a storage vendor in the Veeam space). The candidate needs a proven track record of developing and executing impactful B2B marketing plans, has excellent networking and program building expertise, and can balance the needs and direction of the sales team.
- Provide marketing leadership support for Veeam’s Alliance marketing team members in North America.
- Understand the role of North America marketing and drive team to meet/exceed expectations of that role while balancing the needs of the field and global teams.
- Manage the hands-on day-to-day execution of marketing plans, deliverables, and action items for subset of alliances .
- Ensure that all team members are clear and fully prepared to deliver on ALL aspects of marketing including planning, budget management, reporting on out comes, presenting and representing Veeam when necessary.
- Collaborate with regional field marketing and sales to ensure they are educated on alliance message and associated activities that impact their job.
- Keep executive management in the loop on significant or strategic changes with alliances on a consistent basis.
- Manage multiple campaigns from budget management to conception and launch through evaluation.
- Supervise team and give clear direction/feedback of expectations based on experience level (various levels of experience can be present on this team
- Excellent knowledge of the software and enterprise industry in the Americas.
- 10+ years software marketing experience, integrated marketing plan development, communication programs and collaborative demand generation
- 5-6 years alliance marketing/ technology partner marketing preferred
- Strong ability to build up cross-functional relationships and virtual teams
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field (a combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Understanding of the roles played by alliance partners, distributors, system integrators and vendors in the channel
- Ability to build consensus in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
- Ability to define marketing objectives, track and evaluate results, including marketing return on investment
- Must have exceptional communication and writing skills.
- Ability to manage a team of experienced marketers to strategize and execute on Alliance business and marketing objectives.
- Background in virtualization and/or storage alliance marketing programs preferred
- Team Player
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Agility and flexibility to deal with constant change
- Team leader and coach
- Ability to deal effectively with executive level managers
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Measurement- and results/impact-driven
- Good analytical thinking