AR/AP: Finance SpecialistVeeam
United States, Ohio, Columbus
Date Posted: 2020-06-29
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
- Receive and review invoices from internal staff and verify that it has been properly approved and recorded in NetSuite and Coupa (where applicable).
- Verify coding for all disbursements have appropriate general ledger account number, cost center and geography.
- Ensure expenses are posted to the proper period.
- Submit new vendor requests with a completed W-9 to Assistant Controller for approval.
- Assist with issuance of Form 1099’s at year-end.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries; resolve invoice discrepancies as needed.
- Perform necessary checks to approve Sales Orders for invoicing to customers.
- Issue Credit Memos and Distributor Rebates, as needed.
- Send account statements to customers monthly and as requested.
- Track and resolve payment discrepancies with customers.
- Support during external annual audits in AR and AP related queries and reconciliations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least two (2) years of business or accounting experience required with a working knowledge of accounting systems.
- Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration preferred. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Deliver reliable and timely reporting with a focus on attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Establish strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Experience with NetSuite (ERP), Coupa (Procurement System), and SalesForce (CRM) is preferred.
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines