Technical Support EngineerVeeam
Australia, New South Wales, North Ryde
Date Posted: 2021-01-20
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
The ideal candidate will provide inbound technical support for Veeam’s products via the telephone, email, and remote sessions, which may require careful examination of many infrastructure and other environmental variables, as well as a detailed analysis of log files. This highly technical support role requires deep analytical troubleshooting of complex technical problems. This position is not a traditional call center based customer service role.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for Veeam Software’s clients via telephone, email, and web conferencing.
- Proactively stay up to date with all the latest technologies concerning Veeam’s products and the underlying technologies.
- Research and troubleshoot customer problems and inquiries.
- Update and work assigned cases in a timely manner.
- Maintain strong customer rapport and excellent, timely communication.
- Contribute to documentation to build Veeam’s knowledge base.
- Advanced use of administrator level tasks with the following; Windows OS 2008(r2)/2012(r2)/2016.
- Practical knowledge of TCP/IP (OS, firewalls configuration) and networking configuration / troubleshooting (NAT, ports, DHCP, DNS);
- Previous experience or good understanding of virtualization technologies: VMware ESX(i), Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV
- 1-3 years of technical troubleshooting experience in a role where problem resolution skills were required
- Certifications in server and networking highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Operate effectively in stressful situations
- Following experience would be considered as a plus:
- Microsoft Exchange server administration
- SAN administration
- Database engines (SQL/Oracle)
- Deep log analysis
- Wireshark (tcp dump)
- Application performance analysis
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Financial assistance towards healthcare.