Software Engineer (Distributed Systems)Veeam
United States, California, San Francisco
Date Posted: 2020-11-27
Kasten is tackling Day 2 data management challenges to help enterprises confidently run applications on Kubernetes. Kasten K10, a data management platform purpose-built for Kubernetes, provides enterprise operations teams an easy-to-use, scalable, and secure system for backup/restore, disaster recovery, and mobility with unparalleled operational simplicity. Founded in 2017 and headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in Salt Lake City. Kasten is now part of Veeam, bringing together two industry leaders to serve the growing need for Kubernetes application backup and mobility for IT and Cloud Operations teams across the globe.
Kasten by Veeam is the leader in Kubernetes Backup and Disaster Recovery. K10, our data management platform purpose-built for Kubernetes, provides enterprise operations teams an easy-to-use, scalable, and secure system for backup/restore, disaster recovery, and application mobility with unparalleled operational simplicity.
Our team is all-remote, and we're hiring for this role across all locations in the US.
At a high level, this is what the role encompasses:
- You will own (design, build, and test) significant features in the K10 product related to backup and recovery of Kubernetes applications, databases, and storage systems.
- Build deep expertise in everything "cloud-native" - you will be working with state-of-the-art technologies as well as building a product that makes enterprise customers succeed in their "cloud-native" transformation.
- You will work with and contribute to the cloud-native open source community.
- Expertise in developing, testing, and debugging production-quality, scalable, multi-threaded, concurrent systems
- Experience with distributed systems concepts and client-server architectures
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, and concurrency)
- You are passionate about code quality, extensibility, coding standards, testing, and automation
- You are impact and result-driven and biased towards execution
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent industry experience.
Nice To Have:
- Experience developing in Go
- Experience with databases and/or storage systems - especially in the public cloud
- Experience developing for and on containers, container scheduler, and orchestration platforms
- Experience participating and contributing to open source
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.