IT HELPDESK ENGINEER with ENG, CZE & RUS languagesVeeam
Czech Republic, Prague
Date Posted: 2020-03-30
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
In this newly created role, the IT Service Desk Support Engineer is responsible for providing hardware and software support to on-site and remote employees.
- Czech (at least level B2)
- Russian (at least level B2)
- English (at least level C1)
- Act as the main point of contact for all issues and queries regarding desktop and laptop computers, printers and other computer peripherals and related software;
- Provide support and maintenance on issues related to phones, computers, Internet and LAN connectivity, email access and archiving for local and remote offices;
- Maintenance of server room. Servers installation, setup and cable wiring.
- Asset management and tracking for computer hardware and software licenses;
- User and computer management in Microsoft Active Directory–based environments;
- User and computer management in Microsoft Exchange;
- Create and track IT policies and procedures for end user and internal use;
- Collaborate as a member of an international team;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience in a similar IT desktop support or technical support role;
- Strong experience with PC Hardware (desktops, laptops, mobile devices), local and network attached printers and other computer peripherals;
- Strong experience with PC Software such as MS Office, Microsoft Windows Desktop/Server, Active Directory, Antivirus solutions, Adobe products and various 3rd party Client/Server applications, Microsoft Exchange;
- Exemplary troubleshooting skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work with users of any level of technical knowledge;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Fluent in English and Czech. An ability to speak Russian is desirable;·
- Ideally a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Excellent professional and career opportunities in the international team of talented and energetic people.
- Competitive salary and regular pay rises.
- Generous benefits package from the very first day of your employment including: premium health insurance program for you and your children, additional payments for sick leave, English classes, meal tickets, MultiSport card, public transport pass, cell phone contract, and many others.
- No bureaucracy or formalism.
- Professional trainings and education, including courses and conferences, internal meetups and unlimited access to online library.
- Work permit assistance.
- Relocation package for non-Prague candidates: one additional salary as a one-time payment.