Inside Systems EngineerVeeam
Australia, New South Wales, North Sydney
Date Posted: 2020-08-10
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
Be part of something BIG. Veeam are looking to recruit a talented, motivated technical engineer eager to begin their presales career and to help us maintain our hyper-growth in one of the worlds most virtualised markets. Veeam lead the way in tools built for virtualisation, offering a modern approach to data protection and end-to-end monitoring.
The Inside Systems Engineer is a technical role responsible for working closely with the sales department and to help inform, enthuse and apprise partners, resellers and end users of our product offerings. This office-based role is as much about being evangelical for Veeam as being a great technical resource. This opportunity is based in Nth Sydney, NSW and is an inside role.
- Provide mainly web-based demonstrations of Veeam Software, but there is scope for on-site demonstrations and whiteboard sessions.
- Perform online demonstrations.
- Working closely with the sales department to secure new partners and customers.
- Working closely with the support and development departments to provide customer feedback.
- Lead generation activities such as events, webinars, user groups etc.
- Providing pre-sales support as they evaluate Veeam software.
- Account management at a technical level for mainly our SMB customers.
- Track activities through our CRM.
- Respond to technical queries on the Veeam solution stack.
- Manage the removal of technical barriers to Sales.
- Work with end-users and partners on removing issues and solving problems that may impede potential sales
- Creation and delivery of technical presentations to the technical member within Channel partners
- Maintain, run and operate the region's Executive Briefing Centre (EBC) environment
- Two to five (2-5) years of technical experience within ICT.
- Bachelor’s degree required (a combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Experience working with monitoring tools such as System Centre, preferably with a virtualisation or Windows operating system focus.
- Demonstrated experience with virtualisation technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, KVM, OpenStack etc.
- Familiarity with Microsoft management suites for both Servers and Desktops
- Professional certifications e.g. VCP, MCITP, VMTSP, VMCE, Azure or AWS a bonus
- A strong presentation ability over different delivery mediums, mainly WebEx.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to present to groups via telephone and in person.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter and be able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Understanding of business drivers for IT projects
- Ability to work on complex technical problems, with analysis and evaluation of data
- Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to travel within the region (ANZ) up to 15%.
- Keep updated with current technical IT knowledge via self-studies and formal courses.
- Train relevant internal (Veeam) and external (partner/customer) staff
- Dissemination of technical knowledge to stakeholders as required
- Be responsible for the effective contribution, input and management of professional and career development goals and activities.