EMEA IT Service Desk Support Engineer
In this newly created role, the IT Service Desk Support Engineer is responsible for providing hardware and software support to on-site and remote employees and will be responsible for the sourcing, purchasing and asset management of IT equipment. Given this role has an EMEA presence, the role will require some business trips within the region. As you will work closely with our IT Team Headquarters based in Russia, it is desirable that the successful candidate is able to speak Russian.
- Act as the main point of contact for all issues and queries regarding desktop and laptop computers, printers and other computer peripherals and related software.
- Provide support and maintenance on issues related to phones, computers, Internet and LAN connectivity, email access and archiving for local and remote offices
- Asset management and tracking for computer hardware and software licenses.
- Sourcing and purchasing software and hardware for the EMEA region.
- User and computer management in Microsoft Active Directory–based environments.
- Create and track IT policies and procedures for end user and internal use.
- Collaborate as a member of an international team.
- Work with third-part suppliers as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Proven experience in a similar IT desktop support or technical support role.
- Strong experience with PC Hardware (desktops, laptops, mobile devices), local and network attached printers and other computer peripherals.
- Strong experience with PC Software such as MS Office, Microsoft Windows Desktop/Server, Active Directory, Antivirus solutions, Adobe products and various 3rd party Client/Server applications.
- Exemplary troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with users of any level of technical knowledge.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent in English and Romanian. An ability to speak Russian is desirable.
Ideally a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent. A combination of education and experience will be considered.