Customer Support Engineer Tier 1Veeam
Date Posted: 2020-07-02
Veeam® recognizes the new challenges companies across the globe face in enabling the Always-On Enterprise™, a business that must operate 24.7.365. To address this, Veeam has pioneered a new market of Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™ by helping organizations meet recovery time and point objectives (RTPO™) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data, through a fundamentally new kind of solution that delivers high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified recoverability, leveraged data and complete visibility. Veeam Availability Suite™, which includes Veeam Backup & Replication™, leverages virtualization, storage, and cloud technologies that enable the modern data center to help organizations save time, mitigate risks, and dramatically reduce capital and operational costs, while always supporting the current and future business goals of Veeam customers. Founded in 2006, Veeam currently has 43,000 ProPartners and more than 216,500 customers worldwide. Veeam's global headquarters are located in Baar, Switzerland, and the company has offices throughout the world. To learn more, visit https://www.veeam.com
The ideal candidate will provide inbound technical support for Veeam’s products via the telephone, email, and remote sessions, which may require careful examination of many infrastructure and other environmental variables, as well as a detailed analysis of log files. This highly technical support role requires deep analytical troubleshooting of complex technical problems. This position is not a traditional call center based customer service role.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for Veeam Software’s clients via telephone, email, and web conferencing.
- Proactively stay up to date with all the latest technologies concerning Veeam’s products and the underlying technologies.
- Research and troubleshoot customer problems and inquiries.
- Update and work assigned cases in a timely manner.
- Maintain strong customer rapport and excellent, timely communication
- Contribute to documentation to build Veeam’s knowledge base.
- Advanced use of administrator level tasks with the following; Windows OS 2008(r2)/2012(r2)/2016.
- Practical knowledge of TCP/IP (OS, firewalls configuration) and networking configuration / troubleshooting (NAT, ports, DHCP, DNS);
- Previous experience or good understanding of virtualization technologies: VMware ESX(i), Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV
- 1-3 years of technical troubleshooting experience in a role where problem resolution skills were required
- Certifications in server and networking highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Operate effectively in stressful situations
- Fluent in Japanese
- Ability to speak Korean desired