Customer Support Engineer T1Veeam
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Date Posted: 2020-10-21
Since its launch in 2006, Veeam has been a leading provider of backup, recovery, and replication solutions. We understand the criticality of the move to the cloud, which adds complexity in not only managing and mining data but also leveraging that data for positive business value and innovation. It’s why Veeam offers exceptional visibility and control capabilities through our extensive orchestration engine, delivering virtual, physical, and cloud data management, for any application, and any data, across any cloud. It’s how we’ve grown to work with 82% of the Fortune 500 companies in 30 countries around the world. With over 350,000 customers, such as L’Oréal, PwC, Volvo and Gatwick, Veeam has become the #1 Cloud Data Management Provider sold through partners like VMWare, HPE, Cisco and Microsoft.
As a billion-dollar software company, we rely on the diverse backgrounds and ideas of our people to advance our growth and innovation and we’re passionate to develop the industry’s most inclusive and high-performing team. Through embracing transparency and trust, recognizing and developing our employees, and giving back to the communities we share, we’re also creating a Veeamazing place to work. Join Veeam, the #1 Cloud Data Management provider, today.
Technical Support Engineer provides inbound technical support for Veeam’s products via the telephone, email, and remote sessions, which may require careful examination of many infrastructure and other environmental variables, as well as a detailed analysis of log files. This highly technical support role requires deep analytical troubleshooting of complex technical problems. This position is not a traditional call center based customer service role.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for Veeam Software’s clients via telephone, email, and web conferencing.
- Proactively stay up to date with all the latest technologies concerning Veeam’s products and the underlying technologies.
- Research and troubleshoot customer problems and inquiries.
- Update and work assigned cases in a timely manner.
- Maintain strong customer rapport and excellent, timely communication.
- Contribute to documentation to build Veeam’s knowledge base.
- Fluent English and Mandarin (reading/writing/speaking)
- Advanced use of administrator level tasks with the following; Windows OS 2008(r2)/2012(r2)/2016.
- Practical knowledge of TCP/IP (OS, firewalls configuration) and networking configuration / troubleshooting (NAT, ports, DHCP, DNS);Previous experience or good understanding of virtualization technologies: VMware ESX(i), Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV
- 1-3 years of technical troubleshooting experience in a role where problem resolution skills were required
- Certifications in server and networking highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Operate effectively in stressful situations
- Following experience would be considered as a plus:
- Microsoft Exchange server administration
- SAN administration
- Database engines (SQL/Oracle)
- Deep log analysis
- Wireshark (tcp dump)
- Application performance analysis